Cindigo Wishlist

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Cindigo Wishlist

Post by pixie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Since we now have planes , I would love to see them applied transparently with 'near clipping' and 'far clipping' camera attribute as they share the same metaphor, while allowing them to be used as usual otherwise. I would also like to see the 'visible editor' function used to easily turn objects invisible on and off.

Behrendt

Post by Behrendt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:09 am

When creating Materials - I always sort my materials in layers. If I'm currently in an active layer and create a material usually the material should be created in the active layer, instead it is created without a layer - is it possible to fix this?

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner

Post by Mor4us » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Behrendt wrote:When creating Materials - I always sort my materials in layers. If I'm currently in an active layer and create a material usually the material should be created in the active layer, instead it is created without a layer - is it possible to fix this?
+1
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

ejanne

Post by ejanne » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:52 am

fused wrote:
andeltoz wrote:In Cinema 4D on OS X, the plugin does not automatically start the application Indigo Renderer, as is the case for Windows users. You can do this?
Regards
Hi andeltoz,

that should be working. There was a bug tho which was preventing the starting of Indigo in some cases that was fixed in Indigo for C4D 3.4.8: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=11905
Hi there, might I just say: I've tried most of the GPU renderers out there, and Indigo is really ahead of everyone in terms of integration and cross-platform support. Kudos.

Would it be possible to make it optional to kick off the Indigorenderer locally? I work on Mac, but have a nifty linux box with a spanking new Titan (I'm getting 800k samples/second, but alas, no C4D, booo). I'd like to be able to just export my igs scene file sequence and upload it to the PC for rendering rather than render locally on my Mac. You might suggest that I use the network rendering ability; however, the Indigo renderer doesn't allow me to specify the remote GPU.

To this end, would it also be possible to modify Cindigo to export relative pathnames to the mesh/texture/material files, as well as to provide a simple UI that would allow me to override the target render device and CUDA vs OpenCL?

I'm hoping that such options should be quite simple to implement, but would simplify my workflow tremendously.

Thanks in advance.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi ejanne
ejanne wrote:Hi there, might I just say: I've tried most of the GPU renderers out there, and Indigo is really ahead of everyone in terms of integration and cross-platform support. Kudos.
Thanks, much appreciated :)
ejanne wrote:Would it be possible to make it optional to kick off the Indigorenderer locally? I work on Mac, but have a nifty linux box with a spanking new Titan (I'm getting 800k samples/second, but alas, no C4D, booo). I'd like to be able to just export my igs scene file sequence and upload it to the PC for rendering rather than render locally on my Mac. You might suggest that I use the network rendering ability; however, the Indigo renderer doesn't allow me to specify the remote GPU.

To this end, would it also be possible to modify Cindigo to export relative pathnames to the mesh/texture/material files, as well as to provide a simple UI that would allow me to override the target render device and CUDA vs OpenCL?

I'm hoping that such options should be quite simple to implement, but would simplify my workflow tremendously.

Thanks in advance.
For transferring scene files to another computer (without network rendering) I'd suggest to package the scene into a .pigs. You can do this in the Indigo standalone UI under "Tools" > "Pack Indigo Scene...". This should take care of the issue with the absolute pathnames.

I could add a "pack scene file" option to the exporter, so you don't have to do it manually.

Regarding the manual override for the target GPU and mode, it's possible to set a default/fallback in the inifile.xml (which you can find in the Indigo Renderer directory). Just add this to the <renderer_settings> element:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config>
	<renderer_settings>

<!-- .... all the other default settings ... -->

<selected_gpu_device>
			<device_name>GeForce GTX 670</device_name>
			<subsystem>CUDA</subsystem>
		</selected_gpu_device>
	</renderer_settings>
</config>
Of course you need to change the device_name of your GPU and also your preferred subsystem.

Cheers!

ejanne

Post by ejanne » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi fused,
fused wrote:For transferring scene files to another computer (without network rendering) I'd suggest to package the scene into a .pigs. You can do this in the Indigo standalone UI under "Tools" > "Pack Indigo Scene...". This should take care of the issue with the absolute pathnames.

I could add a "pack scene file" option to the exporter, so you don't have to do it manually.
I noticed that option, but did not know that it took care of pathnames. But it's not feasible to do so manually for every frame of an extended animation. Will it handle sequences? I suppose I could write a script that called indigo_console to pack exported sequences.
fused wrote:Regarding the manual override for the target GPU and mode, it's possible to set a default/fallback in the inifile.xml (which you can find in the Indigo Renderer directory). Just add this to the <renderer_settings> element:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config>
	<renderer_settings>

<!-- .... all the other default settings ... -->

<selected_gpu_device>
			<device_name>GeForce GTX 670</device_name>
			<subsystem>CUDA</subsystem>
		</selected_gpu_device>
	</renderer_settings>
</config>
Of course you need to change the device_name of your GPU and also your preferred subsystem.

Cheers!
Ah! Good to know. Thanks for that. I missed where it says how to do that in the documentation.

ass5001

Post by ass5001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 am

Hi Fused (hi all)!
Congratulations for the last version 4.6 of Cindigo, it´s the best choice between the Vrayforc4D and the Maxwell.

The Easy Shadow Catcher for WYSIWYG
We need the shadows to make movies with mixing of the 3D object and the real movie background inside the cinema 4D,just like the C4D render and the Vrayforc4D.
Not the shadow layer for photoshop.
It's so important for the film pipeline.
Thanx!

Ilay

Post by Ilay » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:43 am

fused
What do you think if add parameters from procedural as custom channels?
I see that cindigo mat does not support them.

same as http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=13267
Attachments
01.jpg
I'm sorry for my bad English

MRoz

Post by MRoz » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:57 pm

What about a nodal system for material edition? It would be much easier when combining multiple materials. Octane's Cinema 4D's developer, aoktar, is implementing it in the next Octane's release ; I think it's much more readable like that.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers,

Maxime.
Cindigo user, my portfolio.
Facebook

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Even though I love C4D material editor (Layers, filters,etc. which all translate in a fantastic manner to Indigo), this nodal system would be awesome. Since every node could be interpreted as a function, this could be used to give ISL a much more artistic friendly interface, where you could, just by placing nodes and connecting them, control every aspect of the material, even drive it's volume density. Since I came from E-on's Vue, this would be like a super awesome Christmas present that makes you cry. Soo, +1!

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Regarding the Material Nodes I remember that many people were quite disappointed not to see this as a R16 feature.
I suggest rather to wait for R17 having hopefully a material node system, so this feature will be available without much work, but it would be sad to invest here development power in a area that gets obsolete at some point...

I would prefer to see the development power gets focused on Real Time preview instead :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:38 am

Zom-B wrote:I would prefer to see the development power gets focused on Real Time preview instead :)
Having complex materials can be a pain in the neck! Still I would rather see a tree like system where one agregates all those blended materials. Real Time Preview would still be sweet though!

Ilay

Post by Ilay » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:58 am

I hate node system, after work at some projects in houdini or mental-mill for mental ray. Before i wanted it but...

Prefer direct(coding) or layer-based work-flows.

So vote for RT! and better gui for ISL

Mroz and thesquirell go and ask Chris to add cindigo stuff to cmNodes - http://www.cmstuff.com
if i you find something wrong in work-flow
I asked him about nodes api for developers.

And honestly, i rarely find interest even for developed cmNodes. So, why does it need?!

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:46 am

No need for nodes, as far as I'm concerned, I love layer-style based approach! :D Just keeping it up with the trends, I guess. But as far as the nodal system go for C4D, everything is actually already achievable through xpresso, sine every parameter of any Indigo Material is mappable inside it, and it even works flawlessly with C4D User data. Brilliant!

My requests/wishes are:

- Render instances/MultiMaterial
- Scale/Rotate parameters for textures

Ilay

Post by Ilay » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:45 am

Hello
argh, Chris did not want or able to make api for his cmnodes... so he shred technology for Stefan Laub's lab to support new vray for c4d v.3.xx

anyway

Fused, what are you thinking to support c4d r17? maybe for takes system...

103 posts