Cindigo 1.1.18 - stable RC1

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:27 am

I would make Material helper as it is but this time a solo object, which would then gather automatically when added, a list with all materials (where you have material in the first picture) which would then change for each material. This way you would have a central repository for all materials. Probably an "add material button" so that it would update new materials, this way one wouldn't need convert materials anymore, it would be sort of automatized.

But this is just me thinking out loud! :D

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:09 am

pixie wrote:I would make Material helper as it is but this time a solo object, which would then gather automatically when added, a list with all materials (where you have material in the first picture) which would then change for each material. This way you would have a central repository for all materials. Probably an "add material button" so that it would update new materials, this way one wouldn't need convert materials anymore, it would be sort of automatized.

But this is just me thinking out loud! :D
sounds like a good idea. i like it, but i think its quite hard to implement. will think about it :)

c 4

Post by c 4 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 am

Hi fused,

just in case you need more testscenes:
1st scene: Plain simple Extrude NURBS (crashes R9, exports fine in R11 demo), second scene: Added onto the scene until it crashed (crashes R9 and R11 demo) - that was caused by the instance:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/joomla/fo ... es_138.zip

If I should guess, the generator gets converted but then the instance can't find it's source. So instances should be converted first.
Attachments
R9 crashing files.zip
(10.59 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 am

thank you all for the scene files.

going to do a debugging session now.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:59 am

ok, i found and fixed all bugs for RC2.
changelog RC2 wrote:* fixed crash when trying to free unused normal array (fused)
* fixed unfindable instance reference crash (fused)
@matze:

in your scene, it was the normal array problem. a workaround until RC2 for this would be to assign a phong tag to all objects.
btw, you should always have an eye on the normal direction when using indigo, make sure the normals of the room point inwards (otherwise it will lead to strange results under some circumstances).

@c 4:

the extrude nurbs thing was the normal bug, too.
due to the conversion of all meshes instancing like you used it isnt possible, please try to avoid it. in RC2 it will not crash, but be just skipped on export.

@camox:

in your scenes it was the normal problem, too. its a bit strange that for you only the 2nd crashed

[interlude]actually - no not strange, but lucky. the pointer to the normal array was not initialized with NULL, thus pointing somewhere. Freeing this memory was of course possible then, and this explains your crash problem on the 2nd export, too, due to the memory corruption caused by this illegal operation[/interlude]

, cause for me, both crahsed.

i will do a bit of work on the material helper tonight and tomorrow and then presumably release RC2 tomorrow night.

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Despite searching for the path for the Camera data Cindigo no only exports:

Code: Select all

<response_function_path>Renderer\data\camera_response_functions\dscs315.txt</response_function_path>
instead of:

<response_function_path>I:\Programas\3D\Indigo\Renderer\data\camera_response_functions\dscs315.txt</response_function_path>

Camox
2nd Place Winner

Post by Camox » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:34 pm

@fused

That sounds great, thx ! :D

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:39 pm

pixie wrote:Despite searching for the path for the Camera data Cindigo no only exports:

<response_function_path>Renderer\data\camera_response_functions\dscs315.txt</response_function_path>
instead of:

<response_function_path>I:\Programas\3D\Indigo\Renderer\data\camera_response_functions\dscs315.txt</response_function_path>
hm, ok, ill see what i can do. ill maybe change it so it will always export a relative path if possible, or absolute if not.

matze

Post by matze » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Thanks a lot fused!

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 pm

It used to work, perhaps check if you changed something from others builds...

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 am

pixie wrote:Despite searching for the path for the Camera data Cindigo no only exports:

instead of:

wait a sec. i had a look at it and is you indigo.exe by any chance in "I:\Programas\3D\Indigo"? if yes, the exported path is the correct relative path to the response function. why do you need an absolute path?

edit: nvm, there was a problem with the loading of the indigo path. should be fixed and fine now.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 am

cant release RC 2 tonight. youll have to wait at least until tomorrow.

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:56 pm

it lies on renderer drawer (indigo that is), in indigo I have a meryd of related to indigo apps

58 posts