Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
Online
User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3647
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by fused » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am

wob wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:11 am
i tested just now multi-gpu 4.4.13 fix (for 2 cores CPU), and can say, indigo can render picture with 3 gpu and one 2 core processor now (pentium g4400). but gpu utilization with 3 gpu cards is lower (cpu utilization is 100%), than with 2 cards (cpu utilization is 85-90%). i'm afraid, system with 4 cards will give even lower performance than with 3 cards, so, now 2 cards configuration seems much better for low-priced cpus even with this good 4.4.13 update.

2 cards:
2 cards.jpg

3 cards:
3 cards.jpg
Glad to see the problem is fixed for you.

I strongly suspect the bottleneck is now the cpu. It would be interesting to see how it performs on your i7, just to get a rough idea what the problem could be.

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by wob » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:40 am

i dont know why, but this small funny element of the large scene guaranteed crashes cindigo 4.4.13.1 (before bulding phase), but renders fine with 4.4.12:
Clipboard01.jpg
c4d scene file (tested with s22 and r23):
indigo_crasher.zip
(46.91 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by wob » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am

fused wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:15 am
wob wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:11 am
i tested just now multi-gpu 4.4.13 fix (for 2 cores CPU), and can say, indigo can render picture with 3 gpu and one 2 core processor now (pentium g4400). but gpu utilization with 3 gpu cards is lower (cpu utilization is 100%), than with 2 cards (cpu utilization is 85-90%). i'm afraid, system with 4 cards will give even lower performance than with 3 cards, so, now 2 cards configuration seems much better for low-priced cpus even with this good 4.4.13 update.

2 cards:
2 cards.jpg

3 cards:
3 cards.jpg
Glad to see the problem is fixed for you.

I strongly suspect the bottleneck is now the cpu. It would be interesting to see how it performs on your i7, just to get a rough idea what the problem could be.
okey i'll test it on i7-9700 pc soon and will write you about it. but i'm sure, it will be around 100% gpu utilisation because this cpu is quite fast.

p.s. working on low-class cpu... i imagine it is not minor problem for indigo team, because this question is equal to question "is it possible to render 3d pictures on mining farms (that always have celeron cpus)?". i know many fat miners are looking into the 3d rendering field ;)

Online
User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3647
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by fused » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:13 am

wob wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:40 am
i dont know why, but this small funny element of the large scene guaranteed crashes cindigo 4.4.13.1 (before bulding phase), but renders fine with 4.4.12:

Clipboard01.jpg

c4d scene file (tested with s22 and r23):

indigo_crasher.zip
I looked into it and made a new build, replacing the 4.4.13.1 builds. Please download again and let me know if the problem persists.

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by wob » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:48 am

fused wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:13 am
wob wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:40 am
i dont know why, but this small funny element of the large scene guaranteed crashes cindigo 4.4.13.1 (before bulding phase), but renders fine with 4.4.12:

Clipboard01.jpg

c4d scene file (tested with s22 and r23):

indigo_crasher.zip
I looked into it and made a new build, replacing the 4.4.13.1 builds. Please download again and let me know if the problem persists.
it works now

mpro31
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by mpro31 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 am

Hi team,
in my system (mac pro 5,1 / Nvidia980) IPR has some serious responsiveness issues. Only the first move is visible to IPR. Needs stop and play to refresh for the rest. (basic scene, a cube and a light)

edit: on gpu mode problem is solved except moving an object (an all-time issue I believe)

Online
User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3647
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by fused » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 am

mpro31 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:05 am
Hi team,
in my system (mac pro 5,1 / Nvidia980) IPR has some serious responsiveness issues. Only the first move is visible to IPR. Needs stop and play to refresh for the rest. (basic scene, a cube and a light)

edit: on gpu mode problem is solved except moving an object (an all-time issue I believe)
Hi mpro,

What C4D version is this on? Try not giving all cores to indigo (that's the default, num logical processors - 2), leave some for C4D to work with. Other than that, it could be a bug.

mpro31
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by mpro31 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm

Hi fused,
R23 and R19, tried different values for processors, might be a bug

Online
User avatar
fused
Developer
Posts: 3647
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:19 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by fused » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:41 pm

mpro31 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm
Hi fused,
R23 and R19, tried different values for processors, might be a bug
Ok, if you could help me with these:

- Does the c4d console (plugins > console) have any information about what may be happening? Error messages from Indigo, for example.
- It only happens with CPU rendering, correct? With GPU rendering you can move the viewport camera and it updates?
- Does it not work for *any* changes? Chaging the environment, moving the viewport camera, moving objects, editing object?
- Does the viewport IPR work?

Thanks

mpro31
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by mpro31 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:09 am

of course fused,

- Regarding the log file, the last lines, useful I think:
Warning: setting thread priority failed. Can't change thread priority after creation on Linux or OS X
Setting thread priority to idle
LOG: Re-checking network licence: No valid licence found. (12) <--- why is that? network manager is open

- GPU works nice, a few sec delay to build the scene I suppose. Camera works fine. Object moving not.

- It freezes, only stop and play buttons refresh the window

- nope, same behaviour

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by wob » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:01 am

very strange behavior of this material: https://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/1143
Clipboard01.jpg
this is "rubber carpet" but indigo shows nothing if i add polygon selection to this material...
strange.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
but it shows polygons without (!) this polygons selection... another materials work fine.

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by wob » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:58 am

i just tested Indigo 4.4.14 in network mode. indigo 4.4.14 crashes in network render mode, when i start in with 2 nvidia cards. this problem appeared in 4.4.10 and doesnt fixed up to this day... works only with single nvidia card. standalone master works wine with 2 cards.

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by wob » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 pm

4.4.13.1 IPR does not update (does not change) animated textures while manually changing current frame on cinema 4d's frames scale. shows only static texture.

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by Originalplan® » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:33 am

mpro31 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:09 am
of course fused,

- Regarding the log file, the last lines, useful I think:
Warning: setting thread priority failed. Can't change thread priority after creation on Linux or OS X
Setting thread priority to idle
LOG: Re-checking network licence: No valid licence found. (12) <--- why is that? network manager is open

- GPU works nice, a few sec delay to build the scene I suppose. Camera works fine. Object moving not.

- It freezes, only stop and play buttons refresh the window

- nope, same behaviour
Hey mpro31.

As a fellow mac user I'm glad to see you using Indigo on the classic Mac Pro.
What OSX version are you on? Also please note that R23 requires Metal supported GPU family v2 or up.
If the OSX or system is not a GPU supported v2 family via Metal R23 will be very sluggish and will use all available resources to try to keep up. (Maybe on that front that causes the problems)

Or R19 it can simply be that the OSX is newer than official supported hardware, and thus Nvidia980 or any Nvidia card and drivers are no longer supported.

Let me know your OSX version.
Other than that ofc it can be a bug.

mpro31
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.4.13.1

Post by mpro31 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi Originalplan,

Still on old frakintosh, as long as it lives! (and Apple prices are crazy)

My macOS is 10.13.6 (17G9016)
The issues occur both in R19 and R23, I think not related to Metal requirements. NVIDIA driver 387.10.10.10.40.132

I was working perfectly before the last two betas. Also the main program does not recognize the floating license. (I hope someone from the guys reads that, email sent)

So, problems here

Post Reply
36 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests