How to render volumetric environment in GPU Mode (Cinema 4D + Indigo 4.4.8 > )

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
wob

How to render volumetric environment in GPU Mode (Cinema 4D + Indigo 4.4.8 > )

Post by wob » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:43 pm

Funny, but fully working with GPU, method of rendering classic volumetric (fog) environment (working with Cinema 4D + Indigo 4.4.8 and newer versions):
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (12.09 KiB) Viewed 5527 times
c4d scene file with settings:
Volumetric Camera Of Indigo.zip
(74 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
p.s. waiting for normal volumetric environment implementation!

MrBlack

Re: How to render volumetric environment in GPU Mode (Cinema 4D + Indigo 4.4.8 > )

Post by MrBlack » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am

Does this work if you export the scene to Indigo Standalone?
If it does could you save the pigs to see if I can check if its finally finally time to switch to C4D for rendering stuff out.
I use 3DS Max and that Indigo Plugin hasnt been touched since forever so alot of features are missing.

wob

Re: How to render volumetric environment in GPU Mode (Cinema 4D + Indigo 4.4.8 > )

Post by wob » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:38 am

MrBlack wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:15 am
If it does could you save the pigs to see if I can check if its finally finally time to switch to C4D for rendering stuff out.
I use 3DS Max and that Indigo Plugin hasnt been touched since forever so alot of features are missing.
it only works with indigo standalone because cinema 4d plugin (4.4.5) does not support GPU-SSS yet, but standalone (4.4.8 ~) supports. you can make it under 3dsmax, i just add huge cube ahead of the camera, and add fast sss material to this cube.
volumetric_camera 1.jpg
see it in pigs:
volumetric_camera.pigs
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

MrBlack

Post by MrBlack » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 am

wob wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:38 am
MrBlack wrote:
it only works with indigo standalone because cinema 4d plugin (4.4.5) does not support GPU-SSS yet, but standalone (4.4.8 ~) supports. you can make it under 3dsmax, i just add huge cube ahead of the camera, and add fast sss material to this cube.
volumetric_camera 1.jpg
see it in pigs:
volumetric_camera.pigs
Thanks for pigs, Ill try making a test scene in Max as well.
When I use the pigs in standalone if I zoom in too much the scattering disappears.
Im guessing thats because thats how real life works.

But must take alot alot of samples to get a clean image, I only have single GTX 1070 waiting for new Nvidia cards before building a new computer.

Been wanting to have a fog-like stylized effect for headlights of a car will be hard work but will keep trying.

Indigos lighting engine is just to great for me to move to another renderer.

wob

Post by wob » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:56 am

MrBlack wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 am
wob wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:38 am
MrBlack wrote:
volumetric_camera 1.jpg
see it in pigs:
volumetric_camera.pigs
Thanks for pigs, Ill try making a test scene in Max as well.
When I use the pigs in standalone if I zoom in too much the scattering disappears.
Im guessing thats because thats how real life works.

But must take alot alot of samples to get a clean image, I only have single GTX 1070 waiting for new Nvidia cards before building a new computer.

Been wanting to have a fog-like stylized effect for headlights of a car will be hard work but will keep trying.

Indigos lighting engine is just to great for me to move to another renderer.
i think 5000 spp will be enought, so 1070 gtx can render it fast. i have tested sss gpu fog material in the complex scene, just added that "volumetric camera" to all scene and i can say that rendering time remained almost the same (in comparison with rendering time without fog).

watch my test in 5000 spp for animation (seems very clean after temporal denoising in davinci resolve, also you can use topaz gigapixel 5):

https://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vi ... og#p144403

5 posts • Page 1 of 1