light layers

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
Tyler

Re: light layers

Post by Tyler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 am

and where exactly you set the intensity of your light? i don't really get it?

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:45 am

Node based material editor was never implemented. I actually kinda liked the layer system, but after using a little bit of Arnold, and Octane, can see the benefits of node based one. But, all is not that dark! As you might already know, C4D actually implemented their own, native, node based material editor, so it can be expected that new Cindigo (Indigo's plugin for C4D) will support this in some sort of a way. And the best thing, new one is on the way, thanks to the member named fused.

As for the light intensity, if you are using a material, than it is in the Base Emission channel. You can adjust the spectrum type and intensity there. The default way is to just set the color by picking it, and adjust the intensity with Brightness parameter. But, physically it makes no sense at all, so for some accurate rendering you would use option "Use Emission Scale" (intensity), and you would change Spectrum Type to "Blackbody"(colour). That way, your input field will change so you can specify the correct lumen values, and the temperature of the light. It also gives you the option to use candelas, nits, and lux values, if that suits you better. You can specify your own K values, for temperature, and, if that's not enough you could use tabulated values, but that is just SF for me.

As for the native C4D's light, using a Indigo light tag, you can adjust the same parameters there, as well. Light Spectrum type is the Spectrum Type from the material channels, and "Use Light Normalization" is the same option as the previous "Use Emission Scale".

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:04 am

ok great, thank you for your help!
something's not clear, is there an indigo plugin and another one named Cindigo or it is the same thing?
oh and, there's no live view?

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:39 am

i have wrote this in another topic but maybe you wold know how to make an anti reflective coated glass material?

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:06 am

It's the same thing. Cindigo is just a name that was given to it. Blendigo for Blender, Mindigo (the future one for Maya, perhaps?), Cindigo for Cinema 4D etc...

There is a live view, it's in the plugin's panel, Realtime preview is called. It's not that stable, but you can use if you wish. Cindigo is already really fast at exporting the scene, I don't use it that much, tbh.

As for the anti-reflective coated glass material, I'm not sure what is the effect you are trying to achieve, but, perhaps, you could use a coated material, or something, in conjunction with some substrates...play around with it, or open an another thread for it.

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:46 am

ok i didn't understand why there was 2 names for the plugin.
yes i found the ipr but it's not so "live" for example you can not move lights and check the result live, too bad.
yes you're right, the export is incredibly fast!
what i'm trying to do is anti reflective glass for watches.

bvn
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by bvn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:38 am

Can not quite in the subject, but still ask. How can I find out if the light intensity is sufficient for GPU rendering? As I understand Indigo badly renders dark scenes on GPU, and on BiDir there is no time (it is very long)
FX 6300, Asus 7970, 8G, Win 10x64
Славяне мы )))

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:35 am

It is all due to tonemapping and nothing to do with GPU/CPU

23 posts