Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.2.21

Post by fused » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:11 pm

This version mostly contains changes for Render Channels. The integration is tokenish, I will revisit it after porting over to R20. If you have any feedback or wishes for a better render channel integrations please leave a comment.

Windows:

Indigo Renderer:
indigo-for-cinema-4d-4.2.21-installer.exe - Includes installers for R12 - R19

Indigo RT:
indigo-rt-for-cinema-4d-4.2.21-installer.exe - Includes installers for R12 - R19

Mac:

Indigo Renderer
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R12-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R13-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R14-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R15-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R16-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R17-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R18-mac.zip
indigo-for-c4d-4.2.21-R19-mac.zip

Indigo RT
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R12-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R13-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R14-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R15-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R16-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R17-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R18-mac.zip
indigo-rt-for-c4d-4.2.21-R19-mac.zip

Changelog:
---------------------------
* Updated Indigo SDK to 4.2.21

Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.2.20
---------------------------
* Updated Indigo SDK to 4.2.20
* Added preview quality lowest and higher, adjusted preview quality.
* Added support for material and object masks (under material "Extra Options" and in compositing tag).
* Added support for render channels (a new tab in render settings).
* Fixed brightness and value being 0.8 for wavelength dependent rgb.
* Added a way to view render channels into the tonemapping dialog (dropdown to select the currently displayed channel).
* Fixed objects with scale = 0 showing up.
* Added support for allow_high_quality_bvh.
* Added commands for saving render channels and untonemapped exr to menu in picture viewer.
Images can also be saved after halt was reached as the last render in the picure viewer is kept around
(until the next render is started or the "free indigo buffer" command is used. yeah pretty ghetto.)
* Added "Save Render Channels .EXR" option to render settings (using Indigo standalone options dialog to configure how they are saved).

pixie
Indigo 100

Re: Indigo for Cinema 4D 4.2.21

Post by pixie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 am

Houston, the Eagle has landed!
Thanks Fused

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:28 am

I would suggest to have the materials preview to use GPU, and to have a xml file to save some of the settings.

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:10 am

I'm waiting for an update to resolve the crash when rendering big scenes in C4D. I tested this version and seems to be here !!! Thaks very much. The new features are very useful. Good Job!

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:30 am

It seems rock solid this release

Silverwing

Post by Silverwing » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi there and thank you for that release Fused.

I noticed, if you try to open "Indigo Tonemapping" in the C4D Picture viewer when the image is not actively rendering, C4D freezes or crashes!

As you might remember in one of the previous releases I had trouble using the "Custom Image Save Path" option. As a workaround for lacking untonemapped 32bit image saving through the C4D Picture Viewer.
Unfortunately I am still stuck and this feature is not working for me :-(
https://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vi ... 36#p139698

Also as I mentioned before, with the risk of sounding like a broken record:
As I am doing a lot of animation I would really appreciate it that there was an option to save out your image sequences in Untonemapped OpenEXR 32bit through the C4D picture viewer.

I know that you added the "Save Untonemapped EXR" dialog in the Indigo menu of the picture viewer. But that´s not of use for animations as I would need to save every frame individually to disc :shock:

I think there might be a potential market being lost to Indigo C4D due to the fact that animation production workflows are not fully utilized as I see the tools that are implemented really useful for still image production, but unfortunately not in the way of video production!

I have Indigo but I do not use it a lot although it looks fantastic and has a really awesome (and the best I know) Open CL renderer. The reason is that I have a Linear 32bit workflow. I render out OpenExr Files (but could also be any other linear unclamped (untonemapped) 32bit file format) and then comp them in linear space, before I finalize them as video file. With all renderers I use there is no problem saving out Linear OpenEXR Image sequences through C4Ds Picture Viewer. Unfortunately Indigo to my knowledge does not have that option :cry:

Since I am doing a lot of color correction and lens effects in compositing. The delivery of the render in unclamped 32bit Linear is critical to my workflow.

The thing that makes it realy frustrating is, that everything else is working great. From Materials to even network rendering inside C4D. Its just the last 1% of saving the image in the correct format that is missing :roll:

So I would be really really thankful if something like this would be implemented in the Indigo C4D Plugin :wink:

There of course is always the chance that I am doing something wrong and / or not realizing the correct workflow. If so, please let me how ;-)

P.s. Most of the renderer plugins handle the multipass images via the C4D Multipass manager, so the renders show up in the Picture Viewer under the layer tab. That´s also a thing that would be hugely handy for saving Animations since there seems to be no other way to save multipass files for animations...?

P.p.s. I still would appreciate "Image save period (sec)" instead only "Image save period" in the render settings. I think it would be appreciated if it was stated what (time)-units are used.

Possible solutions:
"Indigo Tonemapping" in the Picture viewer is a really useful thing. Mainly for still images, as you can control various aspects of the image, including light layers. But when it comes to saving out images sequences it is counterproductive.
So one option would be a switch in the C4D Indigo render settings to disable the Picture Viewer Indigo access and just give the PV the untonemapped 32bit image. The Tick could be named "Untonemapped Render to PV" for example.
Tonemapping_02.png
The other, in my opinion better and broadly used version (that probably needs more work) would be to further invest into the C4D INdigo Realtime Preview and move the Indigo Image Controls from the Picture Viewer to the Realtime Viewer. So people can set up what they want to see in there and then hit render and get that look in the C4D Picture viewer.

If this is not the right place, then feel free to move this to any other fitting discussion subforum.
Also as this is only my view on the topic I would like to know what others think about it. Is there anyone else effected that does video production, whats your opinion etc.

Thanks for your time reading and considering this!

Cheers,
Raphael

I am working on a Windows 10 pro 64bit environment with C4D R18, R19 and R20
You don´t dream in cryo.

pixie
Indigo 100

Post by pixie » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:38 pm

Invest baby... invest*!
maxresdefault.jpg
* invest in IRP ;)
Last edited by pixie on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:38 am

Hey Raphael,

thanks a lot for your detailed feedback, that very appreciated... but somehow got lost here in plain sight :shock:

I'll add your points into the bugtracker and since fused finally overcome the R20 adoption for the exporter in 4.2.22, further tweaks, fixes and features can now be addressed.

Silverwing wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:40 pm
There of course is always the chance that I am doing something wrong and / or not realizing the correct workflow. If so, please let me how ;-)
For the smoothest experiance of rendering of animations do so in the external Indigo GUI version. You have full Multipass controle, can save to EXR in different compression modes and also multilayered, always with the latest build from the forum!
For sure a smooth and functional full integration into C4D is the goal here in the long run.

Thanks again for the feedback!!
polygonmanufaktur.de

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:57 am

Hey Raphael,

indeed, thank you for the feedback, will be working on some of those things soon!

Silverwing

Post by Silverwing » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:35 am

fused wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:57 am
Hey Raphael,

indeed, thank you for the feedback, will be working on some of those things soon!
Thank you very much Fused. Very nice to hear. Looking forward :D
You don´t dream in cryo.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1