Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
Yiqin

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

Post by Yiqin » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:20 am

Thanks for the update Ono have been worried for some time about indigo's future. I'll second pretty much everything Lal-O said.

I appreciate all the work you've done to date and hope you find a way to keep Indigo going.

I will say I have vray for sketchup and honestly I like Indigo much, much more, simpler to use, much faster for my typical usage, and I am pretty much always happier with Indigo's output.

Please keep us all posted as you make decisions on indigo's future.

Thanks!

wob

Post by wob » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:13 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 pm
Hi guys.
Recently I have been focusing on Substrata. There is a little bit of Indigo development going on occasionally - some improvements to denoising, lightmap backing etc. As well as some custom improvements for some customers.

I'm still considering the future of Indigo. one possibility is open sourcing it.
indigo is one of the best render engines in this world. substrata is a boring, no special ideas meta-universe that grew a bit on the meta-universe bubble during the pandemic. Sales of nft on opensea in the last 3 months is $7k (~4 ETH)? Did you abandon the best project of your life for that? lol

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:22 pm

put some energy into promoting indigo and new customers will come and it makes sense to develop further. Indigo has come a long way and the moment a piece is missing to be perfect, it stops... that's a shame to let it happen.

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:49 am

pavoda wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:22 pm
put some energy into promoting indigo and new customers will come and it makes sense to develop further. Indigo has come a long way and the moment a piece is missing to be perfect, it stops... that's a shame to let it happen.
Exactly, Indigo deserves to be the best renderer in the market, I have the D5 pro License and I'm still using Indigo renderer only unless I need to make an animation .., Even I start to make tutorials on my Youtube Channel about Indigo and people are amazed at how Indigo is performing and some of them start to ask me how to purchase it and how much does it cost, I can't tell them that the development is stopped because they will start to try another alternative ... Just we need the developers to talk with us so we can give a financial push to them If it's related to money, We need to know how we can stand and support the development.

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:43 am

I also want to start promoting my work and also indigo...I also plan to start a youtube channel for these purposes. For me, it is important that indigo continues to develop. I am not willing to switch to another render at this time. This is my website and everything is rendered using indigo. https://www.pavoda-design.com/portfolio
Alamy, show as your youtube channel please. :)

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:39 am

pavoda wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:43 am
I also want to start promoting my work and also indigo...I also plan to start a youtube channel for these purposes. For me, it is important that indigo continues to develop. I am not willing to switch to another render at this time. This is my website and everything is rendered using indigo. https://www.pavoda-design.com/portfolio
Alamy, show as your youtube channel please. :)
https://www.youtube.com/user/designodesigno/featured

This is my Youtube channel, I just started it a few months ago, and I'm planning to make a complete tutorial for beginners, Intermediate and advanced in English & Arabic.

66 posts