Post by Evgeniy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:06 am

This water canyon scene.
Attachments
Caustic_Test.rar
(5.47 MiB) Downloaded 210 times

thesquirell

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

Post by thesquirell » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:22 am

Hmmm, that scene is heavy on the export, dunno why. But that really doesn't matter.

Just by looking at your two renders, I can tell that the one has much more samples then the other, focusing on the caustics on the bottom left side. You can see it gets a lot clearer, and there is a lot more energy in the caustics on the second(bottom) render. But I think I know what you mean. It's like in one rendering cycle there is that one random area that just keeps getting more samples, while other remains undersampled. In other cycle, on the same frame/scene, that undersampled area switches, and you are left with two different results, where on render we have some caustics, where on the other one those are gone, but we have them present in other place. Maybe playing with MLT settings could be the reason, like MNCR?

Evgeniy

Post by Evgeniy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:06 pm

" I can tell that the one has much more samples then the other"
Both pictures took the same amount of time to render

In general I can say that with Indigo 3.8 everything was good, but starting from version 4 it became bad

Unfortunately, since version 4 MLT mode is not completely suitable for animation, and for static pictures its use is now questionable. And the most frustrating thing is that in all my tests Indigo before version 4 gave the most beautiful and correct caustics from my point of view

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:01 am

Hi.

I'm having some problems with hdris. I don't know why, but sometimes when i rotate them i get a strange light effect, it's as if a high-quality hdri becomes a very low-quality one, it also the background image changes its colours.

Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Post by Zalevskiy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:35 am

Lal-O

try after rotating hdri toggle render mode [ path tracing ] to [ bidir mtl ] and back to [ path tracing ]

in some situations, this shamanic ritual helps

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:47 am

Zalevskiy

That "shamanic ritual" its not working for me, it used to work in earlier versions of indigo but not this time. That is why i mention the problem, is very annoying to re-export the whole file to solve the problem.

Alamy

Post by Alamy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 am

Is there any plan for a new update?, The last update came out from a long time, I believe that this renderer will be a beast if there will be a regular updates, I have a pro license from around one year but I can't see any step to the future, what about implementing the render preview inside sketchup same like Cinema 4D.

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 am

I don’t know if this is a bug or a indigo restriction, but if there are 2 glass in the scene, then the shifts occur in GPU mode. Sometimes corrected by switching ior from 1.000 to 1.000001
Attachments
glass_ior152_120_and_ior152arch_101+.jpg

burnin

Post by burnin » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:41 am

If you're operating in extremes (far from 0, 0, 0 XYZ or with XL values, it could be FP precision. Especially on GPU, since it's computationally less precise...
Note: it's better having your scene centered, or sometimes just a bit off, using real world units & scale.

Zalevskiy

Post by Zalevskiy » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:39 am

thanks for the idea! I already found a solution, it was necessary to create a coating material and add a layer of specular with ior. After that, the glass does not displace space.

dr_zepsuj

Post by dr_zepsuj » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:36 am

Alamy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 am
Is there any plan for a new update?, The last update came out from a long time, I believe that this renderer will be a beast if there will be a regular updates, I have a pro license from around one year but I can't see any step to the future, what about implementing the render preview inside sketchup same like Cinema 4D.

Yes, it has been nearly a year. Is indigo still in live development??

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:46 am

I've asked myself the same question. I sent an email with that question about 2 weeks ago to contact@glaretechnologies.com
and so far have not received a reply.

Dinf

Post by Dinf » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:22 am

Hi OnoSendai (nice vector to neuromancer :)),
I am very interested in buying Indigo since I think of switching from Octane to Indigo. Maybe should have done earlier. Indigo seems to be one of the few renderers working with OpenCL, spectral/"unbiased" and still one of the last renderers wich is sold as perpetual.
That said, it is sad to not hear of the developers, if Indigo is and will be still alive. In this very moment the situation reminds a bit of Fry Render and before, Final Render, wich were shut down from now to then, without explanations to the user :(
Or, more or less actually, the purchase of Redshift wich is now sub only.

Hopefully that won't happen to Indigo. Would be nice to here something about that state.

pavoda

Post by pavoda » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:19 pm

it is shame this silent of devs. I am a customer of indigo and have no idea about future of this soft. You should say what happend. My work flow is prepared to indigo, many models and sceneses are in indigo and now I will make to have big changes- convert to another renderer. Im still waiting, But I dont see much hope.

Polinalkrimizei

Post by Polinalkrimizei » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:46 am

It is really quite sad. Perhaps we should contact the developer(s?) via their new project (https://substrata.info/)?

Indigo is such a great piece of software, and can compete even with its slow or completely lacking development. I might give Cycles another look soon...

Cheers to everyone, it is always nice to see the "oldies" still being around :-)

66 posts