Indigo 2.2.9

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
OnoSendai
Developer

Indigo 2.2.9

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:20 pm

This is a Beta release.
If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread.
Thanks!

Indigo for Windows 32-bit:
IndigoRenderer_2.2.9_Setup.exe

Indigo for Windows 64-bit:
IndigoRenderer_x64_2.2.9_Setup.exe

Indigo for Linux 32-bit:
indigo_v2.2.9.tar.gz

Indigo for Linux 64-bit:
indigo_x64_v2.2.9.tar.gz

Changelog:
2.2.9:
* re-enabled --tonemap command line option.
* Caching energy-loss compensation curves on disk for faster scene startup.
* GUI: Slightly changed positioning of info frames on main image in GUI.
* GUI: File/Save now saves tonemapping, width, height, super_sample_factor, white balance, aperture_diffraction.
* Camera XML element now accepts white_point element.
* GUI: Added reset layout action in Tools menu which de-floats the settings widget.
* GUI: Added 'Ask before quitting' option.
* GUI: Added 'Ask before closing scene' option.
* GUI: Changed thread priority drop-down box on Windows to 'background mode' Checkbox.
* GUI: Added zoom buttons.

Whaat
Developer

Re: Indigo 2.2.9

Post by Whaat » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks ono!

I should have reported this issue I found before you released this because I'm guessing you haven't fixed it...

There's a really annoying issue occuring when you try to save an image or IGM/PIGM file using the GUI or material editor. If you change the file type (eg. change IGM to PIGM), the extension of the filename does not get changed. So...if I want to save as IGM instead of PIGM, I have to manually edit the extension of the filename to PIGM. (make sense?) This also occurs when saving the renders. If I want to save a JPG, I have to manually change the extension from PNG to JPG.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Whaat wrote:Thanks ono!

I should have reported this issue I found before you released this because I'm guessing you haven't fixed it...

There's a really annoying issue occuring when you try to save an image or IGM/PIGM file using the GUI or material editor. If you change the file type (eg. change IGM to PIGM), the extension of the filename does not get changed. So...if I want to save as IGM instead of PIGM, I have to manually edit the extension of the filename to PIGM. (make sense?) This also occurs when saving the renders. If I want to save a JPG, I have to manually change the extension from PNG to JPG.
No, haven't fixed that. Thanks for reporting it, will take a look at it.

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Thank you! :D

take care
psor

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:27 pm

You know how much is weighting my folder regrouping Indigo installs after I deleted all .tre files ?

5.32GB ...

Thanks Ono !

Jambert
Indigo 100

Post by Jambert » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Thx :)

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Thanks for the linux builds :)

amadex

Post by amadex » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:09 am

Can you make available Mac version?...

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks, Ono, scenes load way faster :D

Just so we know, what is planned for the next (couple of) release(s)? What is being worked on?

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:19 am

OnoSendai wrote:.
* Caching energy-loss compensation curves on disk for faster scene startup.
Hey! I just noticed this. This will really improve loading speed. Very nice improvement! This and the exponential display period are my two most favorite Indigo improvements for 2.2. I think you guys are really on track now with all of the end-user workflow enhancements going on....

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Weird... that doesn't happen for me. If I select a different image type from the image types combo box drop down list, it changed the extension immediately. Is this on Mac or Windows?

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Same thing has been happening to me on Windows... Not a very big deal for me though As I rarely save in any format other than .igi or .png....

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Bug when saving images resumed from IGI

Post by zeitmeister » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi,
there's a bug when you resume a render from IGI:
You export the scene from Cindigo with specified render output paths, and Indigo saves its renders into these paths.
If you resume a render from IGI, Indigo ignores these paths and saves the renders to it's default output path:
In my case "Indigo.app" > "Contents" > "Resources" > "renders".

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:16 pm

This is because the saving parameters (and others) are communicated with starting the Indigo.exe via command line.

Code: Select all

@echo off
cd /d "C:\Indigo\indigo_x64_v2.2.8"
echo Rendering frame 0...
start /belownormal indigo.exe -seed 1971577 --thread_priority belownormal "C:\- indigo Export -\bedroom.igs" -n wm -p 7100 -o "G:\3D work\Lightning Chalanges\21 The Bedroom\00 renders\bedroom v1.png" -igio "G:\3D work\Lightning Chalanges\21 The Bedroom\00 renders\bedroom v1.igi" -texro "G:\3D work\Lightning Chalanges\21 The Bedroom\00 renders\bedroom v1.exr" -uexro "G:\3D work\Lightning Chalanges\21 The Bedroom\00 renders\bedroom v1_u.exr"
echo Done!
echo ------------------

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:09 am

OnoSendai wrote:

Weird... that doesn't happen for me. If I select a different image type from the image types combo box drop down list, it changed the extension immediately. Is this on Mac or Windows?
I noticed on Windows XP but it could be on Vista as well. Did you try it with both the materal editor and the Indigo GUI? The extension of the image you are trying to saved changed?

This is just a crazy idea but could it have something to do with Windows folder settings? Do you have 'hide extensions for known file types' enabled? I always have it disabled.

20 posts