Page 1 of 2

Materials Preview

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:17 am
by gradozero
I add this link:
http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com
http://www.vray-materials.de
I think that a base material scene to attach the indigo matirial is very useful. Also a forum area where upload the scene and create an indigo Library of materials, so anyone can see the preview image and downlaod the setting of the material.

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:03 am
by arneoog
I totally agree!
I've tried to Design a good preview model, but I'm not completly happy with my current result...

I... ...could... ...make a "login-database-material-thingy" like those above in PHP for this.
It may take some weeks, but if you all want I can make it... :)

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:02 am
by Xman
I totally agree too! :D

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:56 am
by manitwo
big thanks to you radiance for your effort!

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:37 am
by Maluminas
Indigo needs its own fancy material preview thingie, Maxwell and V-ray have theirs, you know what im talking about? Click on gradozero's links youll see what i mean :D

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:41 pm
by arneoog
Cool, radiance! :)
A competition would be stylish! 8)

I think I'm going to make a PHP-program for materials anyway :P
I like PHP scripting :D

Cheeras!

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:57 pm
by arneoog
okay, that's fine :)
mostly I just want to do some PHP again :wink:

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:58 pm
by gradozero
thank you Radiance and Arneoog for your work!
I'll wait for the news!

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:53 am
by Zsolt
Yep, can't wait for a nice material preview thingie too! Thanks for all the contributors.

But I do have to say that the number of materials achievable with Indigo is rather limited, insomuch that there are no procedural materials at all, and there is only one mapping mode for image textures (UV). At least some basic: global, local and object texture input mapping modes should be added, plus new output mapping (transparency, absorption colour, reflectivity, etc.).
One reason: you can't just stick a UV textured material on any object, so that it works. But you can do that with local (ORCO in Blender) or global mapping.

But I guess these wishes are another topic altogether.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:53 am
by arneoog
I just want you to see the design I made...
Image

Everything is going great :)

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:02 pm
by arneoog
Okay, I'll use the standard header :)

Anyway, Some of the features i've thought of:
Material System
- Name
- Id
- Category
- Image Upload (.jpg)
- Material File Upload (.zip)
- Material Author (dynamic)
- Upload Date
- Description
- Rating System

Login/User System
- Name
- Id
- Password
- Avatar (.jpg)
- e-mail
- location
- birth
- Rating System


That's what I think should be in there, but you're the boss so I hope it's good :P

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:51 am
by Pinko
Tnx Radiance... great job!!!
Pinko. :wink:

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:01 am
by arneoog
I'll add those :)
By XML texfield do you mean just a place to type the XML code or something more "high-tech"?
And I'll make an admin panel to easily change the mat-Category and mat-Type 8)

I don't know if I want to connect it to PhpBB, because PhpBB isn't that secure... (we have witnessed some spammers allready)
I've checked all my current scripts, and they are almost 100% bomb proof :D
Plus it's hard to connect to the forum... At least hard to get it tested properly.

BTW, when are you going to release the XML material preview model?

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:21 am
by arneoog
cool :D

I'm making a XML material syntax coloring system for the MatDB
and I'm wondering what kind of colors I should use...
Example:

<material>
<name>text</name>
<diffuse>
<colour>1 1 1</colour>
<path>blahblah.jpg</path>
</diffuse>
</material>


Please come with suggestions :D

Cheers!

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:04 pm
by manitwo
maybe this way :?

<material>
<name>text</name>
<diffuse>
<colour>1 1 1</colour>
<path>blahblah.jpg</path>
</diffuse>
</material>