Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by Originalplan® » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:25 am

@mpro

Thanks! Interesting problem.
It seems the issue is only present when denoise is active. Otherwise works fine on all CPU & GPU modes.
Let's see what the devs say about it.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6225
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:00 pm

mpro31 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 am
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 20.45.31.png

Hello Indigo team,

This issue has raised before. Noise reduction does not work most of the time. It's not a scene issue. It's not an Intel issue as it does not happen to other renderers who use the same algorithm, it has something to do with implementation.

I would appreciate taking a look.

Best,

K.
Hi,
Preliminary investigation indicates that this issue is due to having very small values in the render buffer.

For example, from pick info: HDR sRGB pixel colour r=1.7974841e-12, g=1.3779304e-12, b=1.3725927e-12, a=1

The issue goes away if you make the emitters much brighter (and can then turn down the tonemapping scale).

I'll look into it some more though.

mpro31
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by mpro31 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:24 am

@OnoSendai

Hello,
Indeed this solution works, I have to further try that in different scenes but it seems like small values in lighting cause the problem.
Thank you very much!

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by wob » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:41 pm

bug: indigo does not renders object masks for objects with SSS material (tested on "fog" material from online library). objects with fog material and fog material does not appers on render channel "object masks".

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by bubs » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:21 am

Section Plane from SketchUp not working? I keep getting this message...

A problem occurred with the scene:
Error while building scene: No tone mapping settings were found in the scene.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6225
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Wellington, NZ
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 am

bubs wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:21 am
Section Plane from SketchUp not working? I keep getting this message...

A problem occurred with the scene:
Error while building scene: No tone mapping settings were found in the scene.
Fixed: https://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vi ... 17&t=15503

User avatar
bubs
2nd Place Winner
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: UK

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by bubs » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:53 pm

Great thanks!

ErichBoehm
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by ErichBoehm » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:44 am

wob wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 am
ErichBoehm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:36 am
Thank you to the team for all the hard work that went into this, especially in these uncertain times. I plan on using Indigo for some upcoming work for a big client, and I was wondering if there are any major updates planned for the UI. I don't have the money to invest in big name renderers like Keyshot or Redshift, and Indigo's UI is starting to feel a bit well.. dated. Material datebases (local and online) frequently fail to appear when clicked on and the texture editor feels very early 2000s-ish. There is no "crash-recovery" feature, which has been standard in every creative's tool kit for the last decade, and the "resume renderer using igi" option just isn't that reliable. It frequently returns error messages. Updating is a tedious process as well. Most people in this industry are very busy and don't have the time to go through the process of manually removing an app then reinstalling the latest version. It would be great to have some sort of auto update feature built in. I know this would take time, and I would happily pay for for a "pro" version.

It seems like many of these new releases focus on fixing bugs (which is good, don't get me wrong.) What about a release that focuses on user interface improvements? Hope the team stays safe. Thanks!
keyshot has much more glitches and problems than indigo in current version as i see, absolutely unusable in real projects (with cinema 4d because doesnt support instances and cinema shaders), this is render only for "one mesh model". one real advantage - is rtx hardware raytracing support, real fast.

redshift with 2 brute forces in GI is 3-4 times slower than indigo with interior scenes. and 2 times slower with exterior scenes. advantages - vdb volumetrics, volume lighting, extremely fine environment (fog etc), hair / fur native rendering, real working proxies and native cinema 4d instances scattering, 2~ gpu cards support without indigo's multi-gpu troubles. redshift material libraries is the same uglies.

indigo is nice render for specific projects.
That's funny. I have been using Keyshot for the past few weeks, and have had no issues with panels not rendering. Not one single crash either. ;)

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by wob » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:08 pm

ErichBoehm wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:44 am
wob wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 am
ErichBoehm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:36 am
Thank you to the team for all the hard work that went into this, especially in these uncertain times. I plan on using Indigo for some upcoming work for a big client, and I was wondering if there are any major updates planned for the UI. I don't have the money to invest in big name renderers like Keyshot or Redshift, and Indigo's UI is starting to feel a bit well.. dated. Material datebases (local and online) frequently fail to appear when clicked on and the texture editor feels very early 2000s-ish. There is no "crash-recovery" feature, which has been standard in every creative's tool kit for the last decade, and the "resume renderer using igi" option just isn't that reliable. It frequently returns error messages. Updating is a tedious process as well. Most people in this industry are very busy and don't have the time to go through the process of manually removing an app then reinstalling the latest version. It would be great to have some sort of auto update feature built in. I know this would take time, and I would happily pay for for a "pro" version.

It seems like many of these new releases focus on fixing bugs (which is good, don't get me wrong.) What about a release that focuses on user interface improvements? Hope the team stays safe. Thanks!
keyshot has much more glitches and problems than indigo in current version as i see, absolutely unusable in real projects (with cinema 4d because doesnt support instances and cinema shaders), this is render only for "one mesh model". one real advantage - is rtx hardware raytracing support, real fast.

redshift with 2 brute forces in GI is 3-4 times slower than indigo with interior scenes. and 2 times slower with exterior scenes. advantages - vdb volumetrics, volume lighting, extremely fine environment (fog etc), hair / fur native rendering, real working proxies and native cinema 4d instances scattering, 2~ gpu cards support without indigo's multi-gpu troubles. redshift material libraries is the same uglies.

indigo is nice render for specific projects.
That's funny. I have been using Keyshot for the past few weeks, and have had no issues with panels not rendering. Not one single crash either. ;)
you will get much more fun if you'll just try to render c4d's cloner instances, deformers, matrix objects or bones-animated objects with keyshot (9.3.14)...

p.s. keyshot is an alpha (no even beta) state app now that guys sell like something real working.

c4d:
Clipboard02.jpg
ksht:
Clipboard01.jpg
very nice app!

ahh... and c4d scene has no plane under that cubes for that pretty keyshot's shadows on it;) very fun.

ErichBoehm
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by ErichBoehm » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 am

The thing is, this kind of experiment has zero real world relevance. What company is going to ask you to render a couple of cubes? For people who do this for a living, having rock solid stability in areas that relate to the work is crucial.

wob
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by wob » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:40 am

ErichBoehm wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 am
The thing is, this kind of experiment has zero real world relevance. What company is going to ask you to render a couple of cubes? For people who do this for a living, having rock solid stability in areas that relate to the work is crucial.
keyshot is an app for rendering single simple fxb mesh placed under the hdri map. that's all

Post Reply
26 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests