Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
OnoSendai
Developer

Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by OnoSendai » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:47 pm

This is a Beta release.
If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread.
Thanks!

Indigo for Windows 64-bit:
IndigoRenderer_4.4.9_Setup.exe

Indigo for Linux 64-bit:
IndigoRenderer_v4.4.9.tar.gz

Indigo for Mac OS X (10.9 - ):
IndigoRenderer4.4.9.dmg

Indigo RT for Windows 64-bit:
IndigoRT_4.4.9_Setup.exe

Indigo RT for Linux 64-bit:
IndigoRT_v4.4.9.tar.gz

Indigo RT for Mac OS X (10.9 - ):
IndigoRT4.4.9.dmg

Changelog:
* Fixed rendering issues with dispersive materials on GPU.
* Made high-quality BVH building for GPU interruptible. Fixes long lock-ups of the UI while waiting for it to finish if e.g. realtime movement was made while the high quality BVH build was running.
* Made saving of untonemapped images and layers and channels work for loaded IGIs.
* Fixed imagesaver options being stale for imageviewer.
* Removed 'Max Individual Alloc' info from OpenCL device info in the UI, since the value is incorrect on Nvidia drivers anyway, and not really relevant on AMD drivers.
* Showing delayed error messages from OpenCL in a message box, not just printing to the render log.
* Better handling of the fabric material in the OpenGL preview.
* Converting colour of specular and glossy transparent media in the OpenGL preview.
* Taking into account coating absorption in the OpenGL preview.
* Improved coating material albedo RGB output to take into account the coating film factor.
* Fixed camera focus picker tool giving an incorrect distance in some cases.
* Added z_offset to scatter UI.
* Made normalOS() and normalWS() functions work in object scatter shaders.
* Made it so that evalScale and evalCreate are both optional in scatter shaders.
* Fixed crash when setting emission_sampling_factor to zero.
* Fixed crash doing a realtime change of material type to ExitPortal with UI.
* Fixed sun colour on GPU being slightly wrong, should now be very similar to sun colour on CPU.

wob

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.9 Beta

Post by wob » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:06 am

bug:
phong error.jpg
4.4.8 works fine with this test scene.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:10 am

wob: can you email us the scene please?
support@indigorenderer.com

wob

Post by wob » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:14 am

bug:
Clipboard01 network.jpg
Clipboard01 network.jpg (10 KiB) Viewed 30041 times
given spp limit (5000) is reached, but network rendering still working with spp increase (master app gets new render data from render nodes even after achievement of spp limit.

wob

Post by wob » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:28 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:10 am
wob: can you email us the scene please?
support@indigorenderer.com
i found point of that problem in this scene (this material: https://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/808 dosnt render), so it's very small now to place here:
test scene and mat.zip
(60.92 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:00 am

Hi,
That .igm file renders fine for me.

wob

Post by wob » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:09 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:00 am
Hi,
turn on OpenCL mode, renders on CPU mode only.
Attachments
Clipboard01 a.jpg
igs test scene and mat.zip
(64.64 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Last edited by wob on Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBlack

Post by MrBlack » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 am

wob wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:09 am
OnoSendai wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:00 am
Hi,
turn on OpenCL mode, renders on CPU mode only.

igs / igq files of this trouble:
Clipboard01 a.jpg
igs test scene and mat.zip

Tested your scene and it works fine for me.

Im using an Intel quad core with a GTX 1070.

Slightly off topic

Which maps would we plug into Fresnal Scale and Roughness from general texture generators for instance when making a Road that has the painted lines be shinier than the actual asphalt?

Gloss Map
Specular Map
Reflection Map
Roughness Map

The Fresnal Scale and Roughness maps are really confusing when trying to use common shader making applications and there are no tutorials explaining what would connect to them.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:47 am

^ Glossyness maps and roughness maps control the roughness of reflections. A roughness map should be used in the Roughness slot.

Specular maps and reflection maps are more or less the same thing and should be used in the Fresnel Scale slot to control the amount of reflection.

wob

Post by wob » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:15 am

'Tested your scene and it works fine for me.

Im using an Intel quad core with a GTX 1070.'

doesnt work on 3 PCs with 1060 6gb (442.74), p106-100 (442.74), rtx 2060 (442.92) cards.

4.4.8 works fine.

4.4.9 renders only in cpu mode with wrong result (without sky and material):
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (9.94 KiB) Viewed 29820 times
p.s. just got normal cpu render with sky and mat in cpu mode.

ErichBoehm

Post by ErichBoehm » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:36 am

Thank you to the team for all the hard work that went into this, especially in these uncertain times. I plan on using Indigo for some upcoming work for a big client, and I was wondering if there are any major updates planned for the UI. I don't have the money to invest in big name renderers like Keyshot or Redshift, and Indigo's UI is starting to feel a bit well.. dated. Material datebases (local and online) frequently fail to appear when clicked on and the texture editor feels very early 2000s-ish. There is no "crash-recovery" feature, which has been standard in every creative's tool kit for the last decade, and the "resume renderer using igi" option just isn't that reliable. It frequently returns error messages. Updating is a tedious process as well. Most people in this industry are very busy and don't have the time to go through the process of manually removing an app then reinstalling the latest version. It would be great to have some sort of auto update feature built in. I know this would take time, and I would happily pay for for a "pro" version.

It seems like many of these new releases focus on fixing bugs (which is good, don't get me wrong.) What about a release that focuses on user interface improvements? Hope the team stays safe. Thanks!

wob

Post by wob » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:17 am

ErichBoehm wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:36 am
Thank you to the team for all the hard work that went into this, especially in these uncertain times. I plan on using Indigo for some upcoming work for a big client, and I was wondering if there are any major updates planned for the UI. I don't have the money to invest in big name renderers like Keyshot or Redshift, and Indigo's UI is starting to feel a bit well.. dated. Material datebases (local and online) frequently fail to appear when clicked on and the texture editor feels very early 2000s-ish. There is no "crash-recovery" feature, which has been standard in every creative's tool kit for the last decade, and the "resume renderer using igi" option just isn't that reliable. It frequently returns error messages. Updating is a tedious process as well. Most people in this industry are very busy and don't have the time to go through the process of manually removing an app then reinstalling the latest version. It would be great to have some sort of auto update feature built in. I know this would take time, and I would happily pay for for a "pro" version.

It seems like many of these new releases focus on fixing bugs (which is good, don't get me wrong.) What about a release that focuses on user interface improvements? Hope the team stays safe. Thanks!
keyshot has much more glitches and problems than indigo in current version as i see, absolutely unusable in real projects (with cinema 4d because doesnt support instances and cinema shaders), this is render only for "one mesh model". one real advantage - is rtx hardware raytracing support, real fast.

redshift with 2 brute forces in GI is 3-4 times slower than indigo with interior scenes. and 2 times slower with exterior scenes. advantages - vdb volumetrics, volume lighting, extremely fine environment (fog etc), hair / fur native rendering, real working proxies and native cinema 4d instances scattering, 2~ gpu cards support without indigo's multi-gpu troubles. redshift material libraries is the same uglies.

indigo is nice render for specific projects.

mpro31

Post by mpro31 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 am

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 20.45.31.png
Hello Indigo team,

This issue has raised before. Noise reduction does not work most of the time. It's not a scene issue. It's not an Intel issue as it does not happen to other renderers who use the same algorithm, it has something to do with implementation.

I would appreciate taking a look.

Best,

K.

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:03 pm

mpro31 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:56 am
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 20.45.31.png

Hello Indigo team,

This issue has raised before. Noise reduction does not work most of the time. It's not a scene issue. It's not an Intel issue as it does not happen to other renderers who use the same algorithm, it has something to do with implementation.

I would appreciate taking a look.

Best,

K.
Can you explain the scene a bit or share it?
Want to test it, looks like a weird problem.

mpro31

Post by mpro31 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 am

@Originalplan

here is the link for the scene although has nothing to do with it as I've mentioned
https://we.tl/t-sw6wCHJGro

Regards,
K.

26 posts