Indigo Renderer 4.4.8 Beta

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
easyarchitect

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.4.8 Beta

Post by easyarchitect » Fri May 22, 2020 10:05 pm

dr_zepsuj wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:17 am
I would really want to see Bi-dir on GPU in the near future...
+ Exit Portals on GPU :-)

wob

Post by wob » Sun May 24, 2020 8:25 pm

it will be nice to make function "Auto-close standalone indigo app after finishing of rendering queue"

wob

Post by wob » Sun May 24, 2020 8:43 pm

i found 4.4.8 bug in standalone app - network rendering doesnt stop on slave node even when master node finishes rendering queue. slave node also visible in "network rendering" computers list with its regular updated data. indigo seems paused after finished rendering queue, but network rendering is still working. perhaps, it will be better to close rendering queue fully after full finishing of rendering queue, not pausing it (why pausing if rendering is over?).
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 15196 times

Ascensi
3D Software: iClone

Post by Ascensi » Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 pm

You may find others and even yourself upgrade to the best tools..eventually. It took myself some time to level up to the Full Indigo Renderer but pursuing greater tools, I come back here to the forums looking for compatibility but there doesn't seem to be development yet. There's no exporter for Houdini, I'd imagine great artists showing off what they can do with Houdini and Indigo Renderer and generate more interest and support for Indigo.

Is there some Roadmap for Indigo Development listed somewhere? Thanks.

Dombau Köln
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Dombau Köln » Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 pm

Since Beta 4.4.5, GPU rendering via SketchUp with >300 M Polygons is problematic. If GPU rendering and/or denoising is enabled, rendering process starts but with 0.00 samples per pixel and 0 M samples. It doesn't get any higher than 0 and this problem occurs more than 70% in scences with this much polygons.
Furthermore, the SketchUp section plane function is not enabled in the render scene, despite I clicked "enable section plane" in Skindigo.

Hardware: Nvidia RTX 2080
Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz
48 GB DDR4 RAM

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat May 30, 2020 12:27 am

Dombau Köln wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 pm
Since Beta 4.4.5, GPU rendering via SketchUp with >300 M Polygons is problematic. If GPU rendering and/or denoising is enabled, rendering process starts but with 0.00 samples per pixel and 0 M samples. It doesn't get any higher than 0 and this problem occurs more than 70% in scences with this much polygons.
Hi,
can you send us a PIGS file that shows this problem? As small as possible please! If you could host it somewhere and email a link to support@indigorenderer.com that would be great.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat May 30, 2020 3:49 am

I replied to your email, but i'll answer here as well for others:

What the problem is, is a memory allocation failure. If you look in the Indigo render log (under render settings on the right side of Indigo), you will probably see something like

Exception while advancing OpenCL PT on device 'GeForce GTX 1070': clEnqueueNDRangeKernel failed for kernel 'materialScatterKernel_0': CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE

I think the problem is is that the allocation for the triangles is slightly bigger (at 2.15 GB) than the max individual alloc size on these nvidia cards (2GB).

(See attached pic.)

As a workaround you could try slightly reducing the amount of geometry (maybe making more use of instancing instead), until that allocation size is < 2GB.

Otherwise we can try and make a method of allocating more than 2GB buffers. After all we're not running out of total GPU memory, it's just the individual allocation size which is limited.

wob

Post by wob » Sun May 31, 2020 7:04 pm

Dombau Köln wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 pm
Furthermore, the SketchUp section plane function is not enabled in the render scene, despite I clicked "enable section plane" in Skindigo.

Hardware: Nvidia RTX 2080
Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0 GHz
48 GB DDR4 RAM
the same problem found in indigo standalone app, not even sketchup. "black screen" scenes appear with 100M polygon scenes, not more thn 300m only.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:09 am

Upon further investigation, the problem is with running out of total GPU memory, not with the size of any particular allocation.

I have improved the behaviour of Indigo to show an error dialog when we get such a GPU error, instead of just printing to the render log.

Ascensi
3D Software: iClone

Post by Ascensi » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Hi Ono, is there some kind of roadmap available? I'm seeing your updates but I don't know if they are ground breaking or simple tweaks here and there. I and others have put in a request for a Houdini plugin.. do you think you could help make this happen for us?

MrBlack

Post by MrBlack » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:25 pm

I havent been using Indigo for a while, decided to come back as lockdown has me doing more modelling again.
I seem to remember it being possible to add Chromatic Aberration to renders by placing a colored obstacle map in the camera.

With 4.4.8 when I place an obstacle map it gets turned to greyscale so the bokeh effects lack that color shift effect.
Is the something im doing wrong or am I thinking of another renderer.

Im using a PNG at 512x512 resolution.

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:51 pm

If I remember correctly, Chromatic Aberration was an effect that you could achieve in in-built post production with Indigo. Now, I don't think you can do that anymore, so, off to the PS we go! :D

By the way, you don't have to use 512x512 resolutions anymore, you are free to use higher resolutions, too. But CA effect would be awesome too, with some slider to adjust the curvature of the lenses, too.

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Ascensi wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:44 pm
You may find others and even yourself upgrade to the best tools..eventually. It took myself some time to level up to the Full Indigo Renderer but pursuing greater tools, I come back here to the forums looking for compatibility but there doesn't seem to be development yet. There's no exporter for Houdini, I'd imagine great artists showing off what they can do with Houdini and Indigo Renderer and generate more interest and support for Indigo.

Is there some Roadmap for Indigo Development listed somewhere? Thanks.
I hear ya. Still waiting for proper Maya support...

wob

Post by wob » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 pm

still waiting vdb volumetrics in new versions! )

29 posts