Indigo Renderer 4.2.14 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.2.14 Beta Release

Post by Zom-B » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:16 pm

Well then you thought wrong, 80% it is, not only in Indigo :P
Your tonemapping can also be the cause of such flat colours, together with very uniform lighting you seem to use...

Caustics are one of the major selling points of Indigo, a USP and something the Devs can be proud of. You are the first after 15 years I'm with Indigo who requests a option to disabling caustics, think about that.

An AOish look can be simulated by having pure uniform white env light and all materials set to (80%) white diffuse,
so you end up with a clay rendering.

Before thinking about adding depth to your rendering with adding such AO pass I'd rather invest some time in lighting your scene more interesting ;)

TonyD

Post by TonyD » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Is this possible-

To store a scene's parameters in an indigo scene, such that it could then be used in another indigo standalone scene, like merging 2 standalone scenes, into the standalone, as 2 separate scene geometries. Or can you bring in an FBX camera, or FBX animation/mesh, and have it pan-through/play on a timeline, in an already set up scene, in the standalone itself, without using a plugin?

Or is this possible-
Set up a scene in 3ds max....save it as a scene from the Indigo plugin, and then working on another part in C4D, save that as a scene in indigo plugin, and merge the 2 in the standalone?
More like making the standalone being the 'hub'...having some components brought in from Max, some from C4d, without ever importing / exporting between the applications..

If not....please consider adding this type of FBX import paradigm...
This standalone could be so much more!

Eneen

Post by Eneen » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 am

@barin1950:
There is no pure red in nature. You need to mix it with some G and B to lower final saturation. Something like 85% R and 25% G and B will give very saturated (0.7) red.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 pm

TonyD wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:10 pm
Is this possible-

To store a scene's parameters in an indigo scene, such that it could then be used in another indigo standalone scene, like merging 2 standalone scenes, into the standalone, as 2 separate scene geometries. Or can you bring in an FBX camera, or FBX animation/mesh, and have it pan-through/play on a timeline, in an already set up scene, in the standalone itself, without using a plugin?
I would second this request: being able to 'include' other scenes through the exporters would be super helpful.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:54 am

StompinTom wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 pm
I would second this request: being able to 'include' other scenes through the exporters would be super helpful.
I hacked my version of Blendigo to include cameras like this - after tweaking in Indigo I save a separate igs with just the camera settings and then in Blender I can browse to include that external camera igs. I agree this would be great to make more official and be able to merge various things.

TonyD

Post by TonyD » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Here's one-
A Denoiser?

Wolfsbane

Post by Wolfsbane » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:26 pm

would be nice if you would implement hair and particles since years of asking... the earliest post asking for this very feature i saw was from 2010, is it that complicated or why do these features have such a low priority?

22 posts