Indigo Renderer 4.0.60 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
OnoSendai
Developer

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.60 Beta Release

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:16 pm

Lal-O wrote:.....Well, after testing a little this new version ... i guess i found something... it seems that the camera settings (focal length,shift Up, shift right...etc,etc.) gives a kind of "delay" in the displayed render viewport. This "Delay" (once appears) it won't go until you touch again those settings. It happens only with GPU+CPU enabled.
Hi Lal-O,
What system are you on? is it a Mac? Are you rendering with dual GPUs?

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 pm

OnoSendai wrote:
Lal-O wrote:.....Well, after testing a little this new version ... i guess i found something... it seems that the camera settings (focal length,shift Up, shift right...etc,etc.) gives a kind of "delay" in the displayed render viewport. This "Delay" (once appears) it won't go until you touch again those settings. It happens only with GPU+CPU enabled.
Hi Lal-O,
What system are you on? is it a Mac? Are you rendering with dual GPUs?
Hi OnoSendai
Sorry , i totally forgot to mention important details . I am running Indigo on Windows 7 64x and only one NVIDIA Titan X GPU. ( I am planning to add two Nvidia 1070 Ti, But i don't know if is a good idea...i mean , not sure about video cards compatibility : ( )
Last edited by Lal-O on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyD

Post by TonyD » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello, initial trials with GPU are great, matching CPU render quality (not seeing any blocky texture issues)
Congratulations on this release!
Awesome!

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:17 pm

Lal-O wrote: Sorry , i totally forgot to mention important details . I am running Indigo on Windows 7 64x and only one NVIDIA Titan X GPU. ( I am planning to add two Nvidia 1070 Ti, But i don't know if is a good idea...i mean , not sure about video cards compatibility : ( )
Ok thanks for details.

You said "GPU+CPU enabled.", does that mean you had enabled a CPU OpenCL device as well as a GPU device?

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:22 pm

OnoSendai wrote:
Lal-O wrote: Sorry , i totally forgot to mention important details . I am running Indigo on Windows 7 64x and only one NVIDIA Titan X GPU. ( I am planning to add two Nvidia 1070 Ti, But i don't know if is a good idea...i mean , not sure about video cards compatibility : ( )
Ok thanks for details.

You said "GPU+CPU enabled.", does that mean you had enabled a CPU OpenCL device as well as a GPU device?
Yup, that is correct.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:45 am

burnin wrote:Basically, if there was an option to import some standardized file formats (ie. obj, fbx, abc...) into Indigo Renderer, Blender plugin would be mostly useless. Since now it creates nothing but confusion, problems.
Conversely, I've relied on it for the past few years for its simplicity and intuitive-ness for most of my arch. viz work, to great and profitable effect.

Yes, a link between Indigo Renderer and Blender - so that adjusting material / background / camera parameters in Indigo would also update them in Blender - would be a very great next step, but it's hardly useless at the moment.
FakeShamus wrote:oh, yeah I guess I've never used this kind of set up. Don't you still have to re-export for every variation? I generally tweak and swap background settings in Indigo directly and then go back to match the settings in Blender (not ideal, but...). I was just thinking in terms of people who are used to cycles, having the world option would be more intuitive. but I see the benefit of keeping both options.
Yeah, you still re-export, but I try to avoid any tweaking in Indigo, once things are far enough along. You're absolutely right: it's not ideal, and I also often tweak stuff in Indigo, then copy those setting back to Blender, but once materials, lights, and views are setup the way you want them, reproducing a set of images with modelling / scene updates is much quicker if you can hide / unhide groups of lights, including backgrounds. This is primarily in projects where you're doing incremental model / design updates, and the image set has to otherwise be identical in terms of view and lighting. It's easy to miss stuff if you have to change everything each time, instead of turning groups off and on.

Of course, having the both options would be best :)

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm

I think that's a great idea :) You can use pretty much any combination of GPUs with Indigo.

TonyD

Post by TonyD » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:56 am

Hello!

Would you consider creating a direct Opacity channel in the Indigo Material itself, where as an option you could apply an Opacity map directly into an Opacity channel itself, in addition to having the current workflow with the Indigo Blend Material protocol, where you take the material, then connect it to the Blend Material's A or B, leaving one Null, and then take the opacity map, and put that into the blend channel.

It could turn multiple steps into one step, and make the workflow FASTER, like the render engine.

Thanks for the consideration!

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 am

Hey guys,

MacOS:
the C4D exporter doesn't recognize the app any more... when I try to export the scene to Indigo it opens the application folder and that's it. Re-pointed the Indigo for C4D preferences to the new Indigo app folder, but nothing happens.
Help...

EDIT: GOT IT!
The Indigo Network Client says the it couldn't find Indigo.app...
So I renamed "Indigo Renderer.app" to "Indigo.app", and everything works again. C4D export too.

Please check that for the next releases!

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 am

Oscar J wrote:
I think that's a great idea :) You can use pretty much any combination of GPUs with Indigo.
Awesome!!! THX for the info. Oscar J

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:29 am

zeitmeister wrote:Hey guys,

So I renamed "Indigo Renderer.app" to "Indigo.app", and everything works again. C4D export too.

Thanks Zeit!!
Was having the same trouble.

TonyD

Post by TonyD » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:53 am

Christmas Wish:
3DS Max Material converter to Indigo Materials

(iClone, Sketchup, and C4D have conversion processes in their Indigo Renderer iterations, would be great to see 3DS Max get a nice big gift from Santa!!!)

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:28 am

zeitmeister wrote:Hey guys,

MacOS:
the C4D exporter doesn't recognize the app any more... when I try to export the scene to Indigo it opens the application folder and that's it. Re-pointed the Indigo for C4D preferences to the new Indigo app folder, but nothing happens.
Help...

The exporters will be updated to look for the new names as well.

Regarding the Indigo Network Client not being able to find the Indigo.app: You are probably using an old network client and should use the one from the 4.0.60 disk image.

EDIT: turns out that this is some sort of bug. It works in the disk image I have on our mac, but not in the one downloaded from here. Oh and they are identical. Go figure...

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:22 pm

:-))

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

29 posts