Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
nmeau
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:14 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by nmeau » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Nothing wrong with single-sided walls in large, complex arch viz models. Even if the walls are thick, some lighting features may be single side and if so will be "leaky" on GPU. In any case, I'm sure our devs will want to fix this issue in due course.

walnist
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:02 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by walnist » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:47 am

Oscar J wrote:From your log file it seems you have a "phong_nonbasic_8659449695711977334" material. Not sure what that is? It does build the material, but you see that the CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES message happens just as it's about to optimise the material code for that material.

Oren Nayar materials definitely works using GPU, so I doubt that's the actual problem here. Try the Reinhard option and see if the render remains black.
Any idea why this bump mapping shader on a Phong material does not work on GPU/OpenCL:

<bump>
<shader>
<shader><![CDATA[def eval() real :
fbm(getTexCoords(0) * 6.7 , 3 ) * 0.0002]]></shader>
</shader>
</bump>

Thanks,

EDIT: this shader *does work* in CPU mode

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Originalplan® » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 am

[BUG] OSX
I keep getting crashes on Mat preview reference object change when editing mats over a certain period of time.
: (((

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Oscar J » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:43 am

Originalplan® wrote:[BUG] OSX
I keep getting crashes on Mat preview reference object change when editing mats over a certain period of time.
: (((
Me too. Mainly when switching material types.

User avatar
Jay-ko
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Jay-ko » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:42 am

Hello there,

I notice that far we are from the center of the universe, more the accuracy have lacks.
Is it possible to have a "Double precision mesh" like in other render engines?

Do you know when can we expect a stable version for this fabulous version 4?

User avatar
mriedel
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:35 am
Location: Minnesota, USA
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by mriedel » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:02 pm

I am experiencing an "echo" or "blurring" or "smearing" of certain materials when rendering with OpenCL. Please see the images below. Both are from the same igs file: one generated from a render with OpenCL, the other without OpenCL.
with-open-cl.png
without-open-cl.png
Here is the scene: http://cctbio.ece.umn.edu/files/tree-spruces.pigs

I'm using Indigo Renderer 4.0.47. The scene was generated from Sketchup with Skindigo 3.8.37. I can confirm that this blurring occurs with OpenCL renders on both of the following platforms:
- Mac OS Sierra 10.2 on a MacBook Pro with an AMD Radeon R9 GPU
and
- Linux Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS on a Lenovo Thinkserver TS 140 with a GeForce GTX 1080 GPU

It seems to occur with very dense geometry, on materials with transparency.

--Marc

User avatar
contegufo
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am
Location: Lucca ITALY
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by contegufo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Strange problems?
Attachments
4444444.jpg

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Oscar J » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:10 am

Not strange, too little smoothing of your mesh.

User avatar
Jay-ko
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: Paris

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Jay-ko » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:03 am

Then, you can try to smooth the mesh directly by using:
  • subdivide
  • normal_smoothing

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Oscar J » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:24 am

Jay-ko wrote:Then, you can try to smooth the mesh directly by using:
  • subdivide
  • normal_smoothing
Huh?

Smoothing is done by enabling Subdivision smoothing and setting a Num smoothings value, under the Mesh settings.

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.0.47 Beta Release

Post by Oscar J » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:25 am

mriedel wrote:I am experiencing an "echo" or "blurring" or "smearing" of certain materials when rendering with OpenCL. Please see the images below. Both are from the same igs file: one generated from a render with OpenCL, the other without OpenCL.
with-open-cl.png
without-open-cl.png
Here is the scene: http://cctbio.ece.umn.edu/files/tree-spruces.pigs

I'm using Indigo Renderer 4.0.47. The scene was generated from Sketchup with Skindigo 3.8.37. I can confirm that this blurring occurs with OpenCL renders on both of the following platforms:
- Mac OS Sierra 10.2 on a MacBook Pro with an AMD Radeon R9 GPU
and
- Linux Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS on a Lenovo Thinkserver TS 140 with a GeForce GTX 1080 GPU

It seems to occur with very dense geometry, on materials with transparency.

--Marc
Those are well known ray depth problems with GPU.

Post Reply
71 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests