Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
averell
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 8:48 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by averell » Sun May 08, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi,

SLI configuration works also fine for me.

My configuration:
- 2xGTX-970
- Core I7-3770 overclocked 4,5Ghz
- 16 Go RAM

I get those results:
- 15,9 M samples for the car
- 4,9 M for the bedroom.

This is impressive how fast are the scenes rendering.
On personal production however (interiors), I still get white dots with a supersampling factor set to 3 or 4.

No improvement on the matter on the v4 ?
Thank you

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Oscar J » Mon May 09, 2016 2:54 am

^ Reading the announcement post there does seem to be improvements in that area planned. :)

User avatar
Coen Naninck
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Coen Naninck » Mon May 09, 2016 9:16 am

Oh my God it's FAST! The export speed is insanely fast, render speed is SO MUCH faster!

Am I seeing it correctly that IR4 now uses both the CPU and GPU when both are selected? In 3.8 I can only seem to select one.

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Originalplan® » Wed May 11, 2016 5:33 am

Anyone found new bugs?
Or 4.37 is perfect?

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Oscar J » Wed May 11, 2016 5:39 am

Originalplan® wrote:Anyone found new bugs?
Or 4.37 is perfect?
Perfect :D There are loads of stuff to do - several months left until stable probably. Historically it's been 6 - 10 months or so between beta release and stable release I think.

User avatar
bahamut
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by bahamut » Wed May 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Sooooo good news. :D
I hope today will end my work and have some time to test.

EDIT
2x Xeon e5-2640 v3 - 2,60GHz
128GB DDR4
Titan Black 6gb


Car (after 2 minutes)
CPU - 3,295M
GPU - 4,855M

Bedroom
CPU - 1,401
GPU - 1,427

And my small films i do got something like 8x speed boost, which is nice ;)
http://zahora.eu – portfolio
http://studio.zahora.eu – photos

fourzeronine
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by fourzeronine » Thu May 12, 2016 7:37 am

BiDir MLT :D
Attachments
meditiation_indigo4.jpg

User avatar
Oscar J
1st Place Winner
Posts: 2165
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Oscar J » Thu May 12, 2016 8:37 am

bahamut wrote:Sooooo good news. :D
I hope today will end my work and have some time to test.

EDIT
2x Xeon e5-2640 v3 - 2,60GHz
128GB DDR4
Titan Black 6gb


Car (after 2 minutes)
CPU - 3,295M
GPU - 4,855M

Bedroom
CPU - 1,401
GPU - 1,427

And my small films i do got something like 8x speed boost, which is nice ;)
You need some more GPUs to really compete with that monster CPU. :) The Maxwell Nvidia cards seem to do much better in general too.

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Originalplan® » Thu May 12, 2016 7:49 pm

Oscar J wrote:
Originalplan® wrote:Anyone found new bugs?
Or 4.37 is perfect?
Perfect :D There are loads of stuff to do - several months left until stable probably. Historically it's been 6 - 10 months or so between beta release and stable release I think.
:) I know. I just like to hunt & test.

User avatar
bahamut
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by bahamut » Thu May 12, 2016 8:02 pm

You need some more GPUs to really compete with that monster CPU. :) The Maxwell Nvidia cards seem to do much better in general too.
Well... Till now I didn't see any reason to upgrade ;)

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by CTZn » Fri May 13, 2016 7:35 am

Originalplan® wrote:4.37
Oh, aaah... sup, what's new please ?

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Originalplan® » Sat May 14, 2016 7:13 pm

CTZn wrote:
Originalplan® wrote:4.37
Oh, aaah... sup, what's new please ?
Hey CTZn.
?..
Was just wondering if anyone found any new bugs in v4.37. Didn't had much time to play around with Indigo in the last weeks.

User avatar
Zom-B
1st Place 100
Posts: 4636
Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: ´'`\_(ò_Ó)_/´'`
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Zom-B » Sat May 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Originalplan® wrote:Was just wondering if anyone found any new bugs in v4.37. Didn't had much time to play around with Indigo in the last weeks.
The closed beta team is still working in the shadows and finding Bugs and proposing adjustments and tweaks ;)
Trust me, the next version will have fixes for issues you even don't know that they been there while bringing still missing features to GPU rendering step by step...

User avatar
Originalplan®
Posts: 733
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:58 pm
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by Originalplan® » Sat May 14, 2016 10:51 pm

Zom-B wrote:
Originalplan® wrote:Was just wondering if anyone found any new bugs in v4.37. Didn't had much time to play around with Indigo in the last weeks.
The closed beta team is still working in the shadows and finding Bugs and proposing adjustments and tweaks ;)
Trust me, the next version will have fixes for issues you even don't know that they been there while bringing still missing features to GPU rendering step by step...
Hey Zom-B. Thanks for the heads up it's good to know! ;)

User avatar
contegufo
Posts: 517
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:41 am
Location: Lucca ITALY
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4 public beta

Post by contegufo » Sat May 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi

It'd appreciate a IOR list (menù and sub-menu) of multiple materials not covered at the time.
I do not think that it is impossible!

Post Reply
560 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests