Indigo Renderer 3.6.25 - 3.6 Stable Release Candidate

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
OnoSendai
Developer

Indigo Renderer 3.6.25 - 3.6 Stable Release Candidate

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:48 am

Hi All,
This is a release candidate for 3.6 stable. This means that if there aren't any major bugs found in this build, this build will become the 3.6 stable build.

Please test!

Indigo for Windows 32-bit:
IndigoRenderer_3.6.25_Setup.exe

Indigo for Windows 64-bit:
IndigoRenderer_x64_3.6.25_Setup.exe

Indigo for Linux 32-bit:
IndigoRenderer_v3.6.25.tar.gz

Indigo for Linux 64-bit:
IndigoRenderer_x64_v3.6.25.tar.gz

Indigo for Mac OSX (10.6 - 10.8 ):
IndigoRenderer3.6.25.dmg

Indigo RT for Windows 32-bit:
IndigoRT_3.6.25_Setup.exe

Indigo RT for Windows 64-bit:
IndigoRT_x64_3.6.25_Setup.exe

Indigo RT for Linux 32-bit:
IndigoRT_v3.6.25.tar.gz

Indigo RT for Linux 64-bit:
IndigoRT_x64_v3.6.25.tar.gz

Indigo RT for Mac OSX (10.6 - 10.8 ):
IndigoRT3.6.25.dmg

Changelog:
* Updated bundled SkIndigo installer to 3.6.25.2.
* Updated bundled IndigoMax installer to 0.3.7.
* Updated bundled Blendigo installer to 2.6-3.6.25.0.
* Updated bundled Cindigo installer to 3.6.24.
* Windows installer supports per-machine installations
* Faster rendering with some splat filters.
* Fixed bug with negative absorption in coating.

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.25 - 3.6 Stable Release Candidate

Post by pixie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:47 am

The king is dead long live the king!

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:50 am

Hi Ono, thanks for the release (and also for the embedded SkIndigo installer: would it be possible to make an exe for the future SkIndigo releases? it's simpler to install for new users..)!

I noticed that double sided material works with two sub-materials, which makes it A LOT MORE difficult to use in SkIndigo, since you first have to map the TWO SIDED material, and then adjust the mapping of the sub materials with the advanced texture mapping method (which is btw very annoying to use, and I almost never do, although I'm a navigated user).

A question which would simplify the process: what happens if I set a map to be the diffuse channel of the TWO SIDED MATERIAL instead of a color? This way I can avoid mapping the sub materials, since I'd use the same texture.

..The main use of two sided materials for me is for leaves, which I usually find already mapped in external OBJs. Remapping everything would be in some cases impossible..That's why I'm wondering all of this..
Maybe Dale can better understand the SU user point of view, and can help in making this more user-friendly.

Thank you in advance!

...PS: any chance the coating parameter can be integrated as a check INSIDE the other shaders? ;)

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Sorry guys: any known issues about section planes and fireflies?
I've modeled everything correctly but I get lots of fireflies on mirrors, metal and glass.. BiDir+MLT

In this scene I used a section plane to cut out the back wall but still making it visible in the view (wonderful option). Still, it doesn't cut any glasses or metals, but it does cut a metallic geometry (the metallic horizontal profile of the shower sliding door on the left). Maybe this generates some sort of error?

**EDIT** I originally launche dthe render with glass acceleration on, but turning it off doesn't seem to help
Attachments
im1382898494.jpg
im1382898494_detail mirror.jpg
im1382898494_detail glass.jpg

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Ono, thanks for the release (and also for the embedded SkIndigo installer: would it be possible to make an exe for the future SkIndigo releases? it's simpler to install for new users..)!

I noticed that double sided material works with two sub-materials, which makes it A LOT MORE difficult to use in SkIndigo, since you first have to map the TWO SIDED material, and then adjust the mapping of the sub materials with the advanced texture mapping method (which is btw very annoying to use, and I almost never do, although I'm a navigated user).

A question which would simplify the process: what happens if I set a map to be the diffuse channel of the TWO SIDED MATERIAL instead of a color? This way I can avoid mapping the sub materials, since I'd use the same texture.

..The main use of two sided materials for me is for leaves, which I usually find already mapped in external OBJs. Remapping everything would be in some cases impossible..That's why I'm wondering all of this..
Maybe Dale can better understand the SU user point of view, and can help in making this more user-friendly.

Thank you in advance!

...PS: any chance the coating parameter can be integrated as a check INSIDE the other shaders? ;)
Maybe we could have some kind of simple UI mode for double-sided-thin where it doesn't take sub-materials, but you can just set a sub-material colour or texture directly.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 am

Pibuz wrote:Sorry guys: any known issues about section planes and fireflies?

This looks like the usual specular-diffuse-specular firefly problem to me.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1