Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
OnoSendai
Developer

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:55 am

FakeShamus wrote:+1 for incorporating the emission settings into material somewhere.

on a side note, I noticed that the emission settings for environment maps are missing a couple of the options (you can only choose luminance and luminous emittance) while other emission settings include luminous flux and intensity. is there a reason for that?
The only options for the env map are the ones that make sense for an environment map. For example luminous flux doesn't make sense since it depends on the 'size' of the environment.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:15 am

OnoSendai wrote:
FakeShamus wrote:+1 for incorporating the emission settings into material somewhere.

on a side note, I noticed that the emission settings for environment maps are missing a couple of the options (you can only choose luminance and luminous emittance) while other emission settings include luminous flux and intensity. is there a reason for that?
The only options for the env map are the ones that make sense for an environment map. For example luminous flux doesn't make sense since it depends on the 'size' of the environment.
I for one should have guessed this out.

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 am

Hi, I get the following error when I want to open the attached material file:

Code: Select all

Error: Failed to parse material: Error while parsing blend material: No such material defined 'MixAuZnSe'. (In element 'blend', around line 52, column 9)
I didnt edited the xml by hand. I was just working with materials, in the end I saved the material as a file, and after some hours I wanted to rework on this again and got the error above.
Attachments
Handle.igm
(3.24 KiB) Downloaded 210 times

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:29 pm

solarray wrote:Hi, I get the following error when I want to open the attached material file:

Error: Failed to parse material: Error while parsing blend material: No such material defined 'MixAuZnSe'. (In element 'blend', around line 52, column 9)
I didnt edited the xml by hand. I was just working with materials, in the end I saved the material as a file, and after some hours I wanted to rework on this again and got the error above.
materials but the root (final) one were saved in inverse order it seems.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:24 pm

CTZn wrote:
solarray wrote:Hi, I get the following error when I want to open the attached material file:

materials but the root (final) one were saved in inverse order it seems.
I've gotten this a couple of times, especially when having multiple blends within one material (blend material which has a blend material as one of its sub-materials).

Could we get that material graph back, as before in the Indigo material editor? That made it very easy to keep track of your material setup. Nodes would be even handier :)

solarray
1st Place Winner

Post by solarray » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 pm

Could we get that material graph back, as before in the Indigo material editor?
+1

Wouldn't it be smarter to preload the xml file with its material objects and then patch them together, so the order of materials inside the xml file doesnt matter?

cheers

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:38 am

Hi Glare :)

I'm getting a peculiar bug trying to use network rendering in OS X environment. I'm using the trial to do this. This is the setup:

Two identical iMac sandy bridge i7 2.7Ghz with 4GB ram, SSD and ATI Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb VRAM.
Rendering an animation created in sketchup via Skindigo's Scene Tab animation method. The .igq file and individual .igs files create properly. The que loads properly (34 frames). The first frame fires up properly and starts rendering with the slave, hitting around 2000k samples/s. Upon reaching the specified SPP (300 in this case) the next frame starts, however it renders on the master only (at half the s/s). The slave gives the following error:
Waiting for a master.
Attempting to connect to master at 192.168.1.171:7777...
Connected to master.
Connection Exception: write failed. Error code == [unknown: errno=32]
Connection to master terminated.
When the render of this frame completes on the master alone, the next frame is again rendered with the slave without a hitch. So in short: Every other frame does not render on the slave. GPU (OpenCL) is on.

Any ideas? Let me know if you need more information.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi Solarray,
Thanks for the report!
This should be fixed in the next release.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:46 pm

At the moment the new Background plate overlay overlays the rendering. The idea is rather to have a image behind the rendering, isn't it?! Opacity in that case seems quite obsolete...

How big is a chance to get Shadow catcher integrated as a object property only and not a separate render mode?
That would simplify usability a lot!

How about a material option to include specular materials into transparency calculation but leaving reflections?
By that you could for example map a BG also behind car windows, and interiors with windows and background manipulation would keep their reflections.

The two last features would bring alpha rendering and composing capabilities of Indigo a big leap forward, since cars and interiors are mostly common to get such BG composing :)

DavidAn86

Post by DavidAn86 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi

I will try to Render at OpenCL-Mode with the Sun and it Render Black without Errormessage.
Wenn I Render with None Light Type in Environment the OpenCL-Mode Render the Picture.
Can anybody Help me?
Render in Cinema 4d Picture-Viewer.

Tested with Cinema 4d R13 & R14

AMD FX-8150
ATI HD 7850 (Catalyst 13.1 & Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3)
Windows 7 SP1

Dave

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:54 am

Voytech wrote:Hi Glare :)

I'm getting a peculiar bug trying to use network rendering in OS X environment. I'm using the trial to do this. This is the setup:

Two identical iMac sandy bridge i7 2.7Ghz with 4GB ram, SSD and ATI Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb VRAM.
Rendering an animation created in sketchup via Skindigo's Scene Tab animation method. The .igq file and individual .igs files create properly. The que loads properly (34 frames). The first frame fires up properly and starts rendering with the slave, hitting around 2000k samples/s. Upon reaching the specified SPP (300 in this case) the next frame starts, however it renders on the master only (at half the s/s). The slave gives the following error:
Waiting for a master.
Attempting to connect to master at 192.168.1.171:7777...
Connected to master.
Connection Exception: write failed. Error code == [unknown: errno=32]
Connection to master terminated.
When the render of this frame completes on the master alone, the next frame is again rendered with the slave without a hitch. So in short: Every other frame does not render on the slave. GPU (OpenCL) is on.

Any ideas? Let me know if you need more information.
Just realized you'd probably want the render log from the master as well.. seems the problem is here:
Executing '/Volumes/Macintosh HD-1/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx.igs -n wm -seed 0'
Master Discovery Listener started.
While connecting to network manager: DNS Lookup failed: gethostbyname() failed
Indigo Renderer v3.6.9, OS X 64-bit build.
Licence not verified, running in free mode.
Scene file path: '/Volumes/Macintosh HD-1/Users/xxx/Documents/xxx.igs'
Rendering with GPU acceleration
Forcing bidirectional=false, hybrid=false, batched=true
AutoFocus: setting camera focus distance to 0.8114046454429626 m.
Num buffer layers: 1
Master buffer size: 67.243 MB
Settings:
Image width: 800 px
Image height: 800 px
Internal image width: 2424 px
Internal image height: 2424 px
Verbose: false
Image save period: 60 s
Splat filter: FastBox
Downsize filter: mn_cubic, blur=1, ring=0, support=3.2px
Render region: false
Supersample factor: 3
Metropolis: false
Bidirectional: false
Hybrid: false
Aperture diffraction: false
Post-process diffraction: true
Auto setting number of threads to 8.
Finished initialisation (Time Taken: 0.29 s)
Starting Render Master Server on port 7777.
ListenerThread exception: bind failed
Render Master Server terminated.
Starting threads... (num threads: 8)
Using OpenCL device 'ATI Radeon HD 6970M'
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=0)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=1)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=3)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=2)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=5)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=6)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=4)
Starting render thread. (RNG seed=7)
On a successful frame, the DNS Lookup still fails but the "ListenerThread" line is not there and slave connects.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:56 am

DavidAn86 wrote:Hi

I will try to Render at OpenCL-Mode with the Sun and it Render Black without Errormessage.
Wenn I Render with None Light Type in Environment the OpenCL-Mode Render the Picture.
Can anybody Help me?
Render in Cinema 4d Picture-Viewer.

Tested with Cinema 4d R13 & R14

AMD FX-8150
ATI HD 7850 (Catalyst 13.1 & Catalyst 13.3 Beta 3)
Windows 7 SP1

Dave
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 37&t=12263

DavidAn86

Post by DavidAn86 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 am

can anybody write me an answer? and not link to the search. if ound nothing in the search.
Please help me

Dave

Voytech

Post by Voytech » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 am

DavidAn86 wrote:can anybody write me an answer? and not link to the search. if ound nothing in the search.
Please help me

Dave
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/sea ... +black+amd

DavidAn86

Post by DavidAn86 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:17 am

thanks, for your post ,i can`t find an answer at the searchlist.
another idea?

Dave

93 posts