Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2200
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by pixie » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:16 am

delle wrote:
Added invisible to camera option to models.
Could you please suggest the igs-code to enable this option?

Thank you very much.

A.Delle
In the scene pick the desired object, set to invisible, save the scene and presto! ;)

M-Pixel
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by M-Pixel » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:14 am

THX .. very nice

StompinTom
Indigo 100
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by StompinTom » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 am

This is awesome!

One thing: when using Edit > Copy Image and pasting into Photoshop, the alpha transparency is not preserved (noisy black and white background where it should be transparent). Saving to a PNG works fine.

User avatar
Antonis777
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by Antonis777 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:00 am

Some problems in the new release. Image takes far too long time to update if I tweak with light layers or material settings or anything else. Sometimes it crashes. No specific problems with previous releases.Also I downloaded CTZn's material http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/materials/961 and got this result (don't know for sure though if it's abug of the new release).
Attachments
roughcast_1.png

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by CTZn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:22 am

pixie wrote:
delle wrote:
Added invisible to camera option to models.
Could you please suggest the igs-code to enable this option?

Thank you very much.

A.Delle
In the scene pick the desired object, set to invisible, save the scene and presto! ;)
The tag is not written by Indigo yet, it can not be implemented without a fix or more intel.

@Antonis: I don't think that the shader should break the mesh like this. Perhaps it's my code clamping the coordinates but I found similar shading limitations in different circumstances.

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2200
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by pixie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 am

CTZn wrote:The tag is not written by Indigo yet, it can not be implemented without a fix or more intel.

@Antonis: I don't think that the shader should break the mesh like this. Perhaps it's my code clamping the coordinates but I found similar shading limitations in different circumstances.
OMG sloppy programming, it can't be! xD

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:50 am

pixie wrote:
CTZn wrote:The tag is not written by Indigo yet, it can not be implemented without a fix or more intel.

@Antonis: I don't think that the shader should break the mesh like this. Perhaps it's my code clamping the coordinates but I found similar shading limitations in different circumstances.
OMG sloppy programming, it can't be! xD
From me it's iterative empirism, from Glare it's a beta feature :)

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 am

SPOILER:

and here's the kitty:

Code: Select all

<invisible_to_camera>true</invisible_to_camera>
on the model

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 am

CTZn wrote:SPOILER:

and here's the kitty:

Code: Select all

<invisible_to_camera>true</invisible_to_camera>
on the model

Code: Select all

Scene parsing error: Found unexpected element 'invisible_to_camera'.  (In element 'model', around line 103, column 1)
As it seems there is no XML support (at all ?) at this point.

User avatar
OnoSendai
Developer
Posts: 6179
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:44 am

CTZn wrote: As it seems there is no XML support (at all ?) at this point.
I think you will have to use the <model2> tag.

User avatar
CTZn
Posts: 7240
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm

ouch that's heavy stuff. I think someone was writing a doc on this guy ?

Amazing new features otherwise.

Arkon
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by Arkon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi! in this release not working "assign materials". Not so good)

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2644
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by Pibuz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:27 am

Cool release! Just tested the DOF pass and it works great! Here's an idea: when enabling the "depth pass" rendermode would it be possible to "hide" all existing light layers and to rename (or substitute) the first one with the name of "depth pass" or something similar (being this operation reversible when one goes back to a traditional render mode)? at the moment all layers are kept and it's not immediate to understand that the render pass is only in the first one, maybe called in some other way ("sun" in my case :) ).

Tested the "invisible to camera" too: cool and handy. Is there a way I can hide lights from reflections too? :D

StompinTom
Indigo 100
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by StompinTom » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Pibuz wrote:Cool release! Just tested the DOF pass and it works great!
Er... DOF and Z-depth are two completely different things. Just to be clear, I'm assuming you mean the Z-depth pass?

User avatar
Pibuz
1st Place 100
Posts: 2644
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Padua, Italy
3D Software: SketchUp

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.9 Beta Release

Post by Pibuz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:37 pm

ER ops: yes I meant that :D

I made a mess since I use that in photoshop to change the dof focus :D

Post Reply
93 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest