Indigo Renderer 3.6.0 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
CTZn

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.6.0 Beta Release

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 am

It's a complex issue. As a prerequisite, as long as flexibility (advanced usage) is untouched I'm fine with whatever solution. I'd like it augmented. I mean, MtI can send a shader to aperture to no avail just because Maya can connect each other. That could be a standing point.

Factually, the topic of some "lexical unification" for exporters came early as a concern for the company. What prevailed then is that each developer was incline to stick with the host application environment he was using, and that made sense.

Indigo exists also under a Software Development Kit form. Meaning that exporters developers have this possibility to have the user potentially ignore Indigo under its standalone interface. Cindigo, indigoMax and blendigo offer this direct API bridging (as well perhaps as the latest, unsupported Maxigo ?).

SkIndigo and MtI use intermediate, scripted ways and do still rely on the Indigo GUI to function. Somehow that's an issue, while the popularity of SkIndigo calls for a response.

My suggestion is that Indigo GUI is being given a "SkIndigo" layout available as an option. The template is all there in the current exporter, let's cut to the chase then. Actually I'm pretty sure that this could be a good experience for everyone.

Now and as it has been said, learning Indigo as it is will grow your skills with all rendering applications, because they all have a definition of an exponent for a Phong material within. All of them with a Phong material. The skills of understanding widely, as far as rendering goes. Getting the hang of your tools, even though you are going to crush that finger a couple times. That was me :)

We at Glare believe that materials are easy to achieve for everyone (ok let's improve that), and that teaching to fish helps a deal more than giving three. Offering 12 materials for that glossy paint in 12 shades never came to our mind (that was a blind shot) when all other shades are available two clicks away.

Plus, it's not so much about "learning" than "being used to". Anyways, please mark the underlined sentence as a common ground.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:07 am

I don't know that someone else posted materials with GUI-controlled ISL, I'm dying for one from Etienne !

Meanwhile, here are three from me that should be accessible to most users:

milled_aluminium
hammered_chrome
MarbleStudio2D

The controls are into the respective shader's editor windows.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 am

We also have a Materials sub-forum where we like to take the challenge of new materials.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Awesome Materials CTZn! Stunning really!

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Oh wow ! My pleasure headroom, thank you !

bioman666

Post by bioman666 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm

CTZn wrote:I don't know that someone else posted materials with GUI-controlled ISL, I'm dying for one from Etienne !

Meanwhile, here are three from me that should be accessible to most users:

milled_aluminium
hammered_chrome
MarbleStudio2D

The controls are into the respective shader's editor windows.

I have to say it too, really impressive work ! I hope you'll keep on doing stuff like this !

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Thanks ! For the least I haven't planned to cease doing some !

52 posts