Indigo Renderer 3.0 and Indigo RT

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Re: Indigo Renderer 3.0 and Indigo RT

Post by ROUBAL » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 am

Hello Indigo Team and happy users !

I haven't been here for a long time. I have just done a quick test of indigo 3.0 with a Blender file.

I had not used indigo for a while, and I have to say a big Thank You, and congratulations ! This new version looks impressive, and much more handy (I was so clumsy with xml files) ! The first good surprise is that all my graphic cards are seen by indigo !

I have recently put two EVGA GTX 580 3GB in my Cubix X-Pander pro 2 box (an external extension case for two GPUs) on a special PCIE adaptor, and all my GPU are found.

Obviously, so far only one is used at a time, but as I had the fear that only the internal and weakest card would be seen (GTX 260 used for display on my two screens), I am very happy. I have done no tests about speed so far. I have first to learn more about materials use and settings...

This leads me to ask a stupid question : I can't find the list of nk-data with the full names of the materials. I know where is the nk_data file, but there was somewhere in the manuals or on the site a list with explicit material names... I had printed it, and lost it ! And after many attempts with the search engine, haven't been able to find this list !

Thanks in advance !

Philippe.

dag

Post by dag » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:50 pm

ROUBAL
Indigo 100

Post by ROUBAL » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Thank you dag ! This will help a lot, but in fact it is not exactly the page I had in mind. The old one that I had printed had no images, but if I remember well, had less "exotic" chemical materials and more usual materials names (including glass,ruby,emerald...) but I may be wrong !
I can't remember the source.

123 posts