Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
User avatar
Zalevskiy
Posts: 233
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 am
Location: Mars
3D Software: Blender

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by Zalevskiy » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:10 pm

error when trying to apply external bump / roughness PNG 16-bit texture (8-bit no error) while import .igm /pigm material packed with PNG 16-bit in indigo environment via material import works correctly

easyarchitect
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by easyarchitect » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:49 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 am
...Yeah have found + fixed this bug, will make new build soon.
Good afternoon, would it be possible to have news of the new beta that fixes the Bug ?
If so I can do some non-regression testing and then say if it has fixed

Thank you very much
Antonio

ErichBoehm
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by ErichBoehm » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:38 am

Does this even get tested? When I check "enable gpu rendering", my entire scene vanishes. Needs to get properly qa tested before being put out.

easyarchitect
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:49 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by easyarchitect » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 pm

ErichBoehm wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:38 am
Does this even get tested? When I check "enable gpu rendering", my entire scene vanishes. Needs to get properly qa tested before being put out.
More than two months ago (4 Oct), Ono stated that this Bug was found and fixed. The problem is that the FIX has not been made public.

wob
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by wob » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:45 pm

easyarchitect wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 pm
More than two months ago (4 Oct), Ono stated that this Bug was found and fixed. The problem is that the FIX has not been made public.
anyone can have long-term binge drinking or depression....

User avatar
Headroom
Indigo 100
Posts: 1048
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: Spartanburg, SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by Headroom » Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:02 am

wob wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:45 pm
easyarchitect wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 pm
More than two months ago (4 Oct), Ono stated that this Bug was found and fixed. The problem is that the FIX has not been made public.
anyone can have long-term binge drinking or depression....
Or a complete disregard for paying customers!

Alamy
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:16 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by Alamy » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:29 am

Headroom wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:02 am
wob wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:45 pm
easyarchitect wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 pm
More than two months ago (4 Oct), Ono stated that this Bug was found and fixed. The problem is that the FIX has not been made public.
anyone can have long-term binge drinking or depression....
Or a complete disregard for paying customers!
100% true. If there is fines or money back guarantee in case of stopping development they won't do this .. that's why Chaosgroup are professional and the first company in rendering, they never stops, with this attitude indigo will die for sure.

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2299
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by pixie » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 am

I don't know whom you may be targeting at, but what do you want? Despite having a great product Indigo never got the amount of users it needed to actually be competitive with all the others renderers, never understood why but that's how it is. How do you think Indigo can have all that amount of features needed without the needed influx of users? You compare Glare with Chaos? You are for real, do understand the massive scale difference between Chaos and Glare...

wob
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by wob » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:08 am

pixie wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 am
I don't know whom you may be targeting at, but what do you want? Despite having a great product Indigo never got the amount of users it needed to actually be competitive with all the others renderers, never understood why but that's how it is. How do you think Indigo can have all that amount of features needed without the needed influx of users? You compare Glare with Chaos? You are for real, do understand the massive scale difference between Chaos and Glare...
yes, but technically chaos sucks (i mean v-ray, not corona)

Alamy
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:16 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by Alamy » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:31 am

pixie wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 am
I don't know whom you may be targeting at, but what do you want? Despite having a great product Indigo never got the amount of users it needed to actually be competitive with all the others renderers, never understood why but that's how it is. How do you think Indigo can have all that amount of features needed without the needed influx of users? You compare Glare with Chaos? You are for real, do understand the massive scale difference between Chaos and Glare...
Regarding your statement about the comparison between Chaos and Glare, You can check the thea team, I think it's the same scale like Glare, but their renderer is more advanced and compatible with Sketchup more then Vray even.
In my opinion Indigo is Fantastic but not many users will be interested because it's not fully integrated with other third party plugins, I'm talking here about Indigo for Sketchup as it's the main 3d app for either modeling or visualization especially in the Archviz industry, You can try thea and see how it's fully integrated with Laubwerk, Skatter and has interactive rendering inside Sketchup same like Indigo for Cinema 4d, Thea render was my main tool and I produce such a good results with it, When I decided to purchase it as a permenant license I found that they changed the permanent license to subscription based system Which conflict with my workflow as I'm not using any autodesk product because of that reason, at that time I didn't know anything about Indigo or even try it, so I start to search for permanent based license that give a good results with Sketchup, I sent an email to the head of Glare and he was generous to give me a promotion to shift from my past renderer .. I recieved few updates for indigo then the big disappear happened, they made me regret to pay for this renderer.
Last edited by Alamy on Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alamy
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:16 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by Alamy » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:39 am

wob wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:08 am
pixie wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:19 am
I don't know whom you may be targeting at, but what do you want? Despite having a great product Indigo never got the amount of users it needed to actually be competitive with all the others renderers, never understood why but that's how it is. How do you think Indigo can have all that amount of features needed without the needed influx of users? You compare Glare with Chaos? You are for real, do understand the massive scale difference between Chaos and Glare...
yes, but technically chaos sucks (i mean v-ray, not corona)
Agreed, but Thea render is the black horse for sketchup till now, Indigo needs two things to have many users, the compatability with the critical plugins like Skatter and Laubwerk, and to have interactive rendering inside the app and also the Material editor for indigo plugin needs some improvements and to fix some bugs occured from time to time.

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2299
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by pixie » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:40 am

I seriously don't know what Indigo needs, because it got speed, features, simplicity, it was ahead of the curve in many regards but it never got the love it deserved. I remember having also bought octane back when it was on 1.53 but it never got the quality Indigo yet, look where it is now... You talk about plugins integration being the problem? Well Indigo is pretty much integrated in Cinema 4D yet, once again, it doesn't seem to have acquired much traction either. It's quite sad as it remembers me a lot with Commodore Amiga, a machine who was ahead of its time and yet it failed to be on its rightful place.

Merry Christmas

Alamy
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:16 am

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by Alamy » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:43 pm

pixie wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:40 am
I seriously don't know what Indigo needs, because it got speed, features, simplicity, it was ahead of the curve in many regards but it never got the love it deserved. I remember having also bought octane back when it was on 1.53 but it never got the quality Indigo yet, look where it is now... You talk about plugins integration being the problem? Well Indigo is pretty much integrated in Cinema 4D yet, once again, it doesn't seem to have acquired much traction either. It's quite sad as it remembers me a lot with Commodore Amiga, a machine who was ahead of its time and yet it failed to be on its rightful place.

Merry Christmas
From my opinion it needs basic things that I suffered myself to know how this renderer work, the detailed tutorials from beginner to advanced levels, many things needs to be clear and simple so the user won't suffer to dicover the basic things or even the advanced ones, for Lumion D5 or even Vray you will find many complete tutorials from start to finish with a hyper quality in the archviz industry which I couldn't find for Indigo, they need to spend some money on campaigns and some conferences, Chaos group came to dubai 2018 as I remebered and they make a free seminar and they gave free licenses for some attendants, but behind these conferences they boost ads and made marketing for their softawre, don't expect from people to hurry to the software without big ad campaigns ... Kind Regards!

User avatar
pixie
Indigo 100
Posts: 2299
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am
Location: Away from paradise
3D Software: Cinema 4D
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by pixie » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:13 pm

Indigo never got tutorials because it didn't got traction, didn't got traction couldn't go big, couldn't go big, couldn't do tutorials in the house and had to rely on users, and so on and so forth... Although you got a steady influx of features and quality. It's a sad state of affairs

tar_gniK
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:36 pm
Location: London, UK
3D Software: 3ds Max
Contact:

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.4 Release

Post by tar_gniK » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:27 pm

Snip
Last edited by tar_gniK on Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply
51 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: willardcq1 and 3 guests