Render problem

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
12 posts • Page 1 of 1
Otk

Render problem

Post by Otk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi all !!!

I really liked to try creating things in 3ds max with Indigo, this project is my second project after glass-water render...i nearly finished all drawings in 3ds max, i just tried to apply 1-2 materials to just see if it is ok or not, but i met with an error:

Error: IndigoDriverExcep: SceneLoaderExcep: Model tried to use undefined mesh '32'. (In element 'model', around line 452, column 5)
Stopped.

Then i unloaded all the materials and tried to render it again, but no use (all default options) I think there is a wrong object in this project

I am attaching my "bathroom" drawings in 3ds format, so maybe you can try to render it...How can i get rid of this error? I worked so hard to create this "bathroom" :)) (i think i am noob for now) i also added print screen of my drawing

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Attachments
Bathroom-Printscreen.zip
JPG file
(764.12 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Bathroom.rar
3ds Max 2010 file
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 304 times

Otk

Re: Render problem

Post by Otk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm

Ok i found the problem, i deleted every object and tried to render the scene without missing one, when i deleted only the faucet, i could render the scene...so i should redraw this faucet i think...but when i rendered the scene, i saw that something was wrong !!

At the left side, some part of the closet under the sink got bigger?! it should be like red lines, but some parts got bigger without reason...(i added a quick light source to show you this, big brown box at the middle of the bathroom is my light source =) whats the reason of this growing??

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Attachments
tuvalet01.max-frame-0000.png
tuvalet01.max-frame-0000.png (840.05 KiB) Viewed 5193 times

psor
1st Place Winner

Post by psor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Otk wrote: At the left side, some part of the closet under the sink got bigger?! and at the right some parts of the syphon is disappered?! whats the reason of this 2 strange things?
You scaled the object and/or transformed the pivot. Reset Scale and Transformation
and it should just render fine. ;o))

take care
psor
"The sleeper must awaken"

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:11 pm

I'm guessing, that you are using some older version of Maxigo? 1.09 maybe?
Old version had a bug when exporting models that have been scaled or mirrored. Do what Psor told you or even better, apply ResetXform to your model. (you can find it under Utilities panel).
ResetXform usually fixes the issue if some objects appear in a wrong place when rendering with Indigo or have wrong scale.

Otk

Post by Otk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:27 am

@psor

Yes, reseting all these objects solved my problem perfectly, thank you again =)

@suvakas

Yes, i am using Indigo 1.1.18 and Maxigo 1.09.6, i am using old free versions because i have a big monitor and i like to render my creations with high resolutions, as far as i know free version of newer Indigo lets us to render a little low resolution, when i find a proper job maybe i can purchase newer version of Indigo =)

Thank you both of you, i will draw a faucet and apply all the materials and i will render it and i would like you to comment to my first real render =)

Best wishes,
Buğra

Otk

Post by Otk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Hi again !!!

I applied all the materials to my objects, and it is pretty nice now i think, but when i render i saw another wrong thing...Placement of jpeg materials that i applied to walls and ground is wrong...I am changing UV tile values, it is ok in 3ds Max but no use in rendered image, it is still so big. I also trıed changing bump map UV tiles (ground material has a bump map, walls don't have)

I am adding a print screen of "desired" drawing and result...So you can see the difference. How can i solve this problem? (I searched lots of tutorials, it says that i should change the UV tiles, but no use as you see)

(And should i delete my old attachments to not to overload your storage??)

Thank you in advance,
Best Regards
Attachments
Not desired walls and ground.zip
(3.76 MiB) Downloaded 312 times
Desired walls and ground.zip
(233.62 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Apply the "UVW map" modifier to your model and change the tile values of the modifier. Changing tile values of a texture map is not supported by Indigo.
I've requested UV transform several times from Ono, but it has not been implemented yet.

Otk

Post by Otk » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:34 am

suvakas wrote: Changing tile values of a texture map is not supported by Indigo.
Am i wrong or Skindigo supports this? Because i remember that i could change texture sizes of jpegs, but i do not remember if it changes the render or not.

Yes, thank you again suvakas, i had tried this UVW map modifier before, but now i got it and it worked =)
Yahooooo !!!

lycium

Post by lycium » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:27 am

suvakas wrote:I've requested UV transform several times from Ono, but it has not been implemented yet.
one possibility is to apply the transformation at export-time, so that the transformation is baked in. this would improve performance even if indigo supported transforming uv's.

but i agree, if this is possible, then indigo should do it at load-time; it's not a lot of work and seems to matter a lot.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:08 pm

lyc wrote:
suvakas wrote:I've requested UV transform several times from Ono, but it has not been implemented yet.
one possibility is to apply the transformation at export-time, so that the transformation is baked in. this would improve performance even if indigo supported transforming uv's.

but i agree, if this is possible, then indigo should do it at load-time; it's not a lot of work and seems to matter a lot.
The reason why it's not a very good idea to bake the UV's is because in Max you can have different tiling for different maps. (diffuse, bump, opacity, etc). It would be possible to bake tiling only for one map and this would be like "half ass" solution. I'd rather see this implemented inside Indigo.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:17 pm

suvakas wrote:
lyc wrote:

The reason why it's not a very good idea to bake the UV's is because in Max you can have different tiling for different maps. (diffuse, bump, opacity, etc). It would be possible to bake tiling only for one map and this would be like "half ass" solution. I'd rather see this implemented inside Indigo.
But you could have different uv sets for each map, presumably.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 pm

OnoSendai wrote:But you could have different uv sets for each map, presumably.
Wouldn't that make the igmesh kind of heavy?
It's probably ok for a 6 sided box, but for million polygon models the amount of data goes way up. And it would still be a workaround of something that should be done inside of a renderer.

12 posts • Page 1 of 1