Asking for help with older versions

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
car313

Asking for help with older versions

Post by car313 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 pm

Dear People
Is it allowed to ask for help on using the older indigo versions and older blendigo exporters?

dougal2
Developer

Re: Asking for help with older versions

Post by dougal2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:36 pm

How old?

With regards to Blendigo, we're currently supporting (meaning, we will fix bugs in) these versions:
- 3.0.10 for Blender 2.4x
- 3.0.14 for Blender 2.5x

At a push, I could be persuaded to look again at 2.4u2 for Blender 2.4x if the situation is serious enough, but already that exporter is pretty old.

car313

Post by car313 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:07 am

Dear Dougal2
I was referring to a very old version; v1.1.18 to be specific. It is not about bugs and such. It is much more mundane like wanting to know where Indigo 1.1.18 saves the scene files.

Hope it is not a bother. The fact is I am not a professional 3d artist. I am a mere hobbyist. So I tenaciously hold on to free versions of programs and am occassionally in need of some help.

But I understand perfectly that developers and professionals may not have time to spare for trivial questions from old fogies with a fixation for prehistoric versions.

Regards!

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:26 am

car313 wrote:Dear Dougal2
I was referring to a very old version; v1.1.18 to be specific. It is not about bugs and such. It is much more mundane like wanting to know where Indigo 1.1.18 saves the scene files.

Hope it is not a bother. The fact is I am not a professional 3d artist. I am a mere hobbyist. So I tenaciously hold on to free versions of programs and am occassionally in need of some help.

But I understand perfectly that developers and professionals may not have time to spare for trivial questions from old fogies with a fixation for prehistoric versions.

Regards!
Questions like that should be OK :) Haven't used 1.1.18 in aaages, but I'm pretty sure there was a fair bit of documentation around for it...

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:38 am

In the current 2.4x exporter, you can disable "Auto generate igs path" in the system tab if you want to export to a specified location - however I have no idea if that setting existed as far back as 1.1.18 (I wasn't maintaining the exporter at that time).

If all else fails, try looking in either the blender installation folder or your %temp% folder for exported files.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1