Question about the exporter maxigo & indigomax

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
filippo

Question about the exporter maxigo & indigomax

Post by filippo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Sorry my poor question, but There are two exporter for 3dmax ?or I have not understood ....
I believe that one export software beacuse, if there are 2 exporter the up-date it very slow....
Why not create the sum of the exporter, so by having a very performing software ?
sorry ofr my poor language
filippo
2x Xeon quad core ghz 2.66(8 core)+4g ram+quadro fx
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb

jinj

Re: Question about the exporter maxigo & indigomax

Post by jinj » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:39 am

filippo wrote:Sorry my poor question, but There are two exporter for 3dmax ?or I have not understood ....
I believe that one export software beacuse, if there are 2 exporter the up-date it very slow....
Why not create the sum of the exporter, so by having a very performing software ?
sorry ofr my poor language
filippo
have you read the posts? you can find an answer there while reading!
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... f=9&t=9665
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 4&start=15

any way I personally find.... to have 2 exporters a better solution than to have only one....
what will happen to maxigo if suvakas, (good guy but he is not a team), unpredictable... for any reasons... can't for long time or no more work on it?
what do you will do with your licensed indigo and all the new available feature :?
that's why I find to have 2 exporter a better solution instead to have only one!
this is only my 2cent opinion!

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 am

jinj wrote: (good guy but he is not a team), unpredictable... for any reasons... can't for long time or no more work on it?
I'm a part of the team.. a part of exporter writers team.
I've signed papers with Glare. Everything is official.
No reason to be worried.

jinj

Post by jinj » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 am

suvakas wrote:
jinj wrote: (good guy but he is not a team), unpredictable... for any reasons... can't for long time or no more work on it?
I'm a part of the team.. a part of exporter writers team.
No reason to be worried.
good to know...
I only know you as 3ds max exporter developer.
I never heard about a team for 3ds max!
that you are an official developer for glare is not a news.... a news for me is that there is a team of 3ds max developer!
this is a new and welcome info!

any way I also like indigomax from subpixel... and I hope he will continue to work on it.

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:59 am

jinj wrote:I never heard about a team for 3ds max!
that you are an official developer for glare is not a news.... a news for me is that there is a team of 3ds max developer!
You got me a bit wrong. There is no separate 3ds Max team. By team I meant all the guys who develop exporters for different applications and have signed papers with Glare. Currently there is one "official" person per exporter/app.

jinj

Post by jinj » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:42 am

suvakas wrote: You got me a bit wrong. There is no separate 3ds Max team. By team I meant all the guys who develop exporters for different applications and have signed papers with Glare. Currently there is one "official" person per exporter/app.
sorry suvakas..... but this also mean, that I was not totally wrong in my first post in this thread!
if you can't work on maxigo... another guy, that work on an exporter for an other 3d app must work on maxigo!

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, I believe that suvakas has already answered to this one.
No hard feeling though :D Stay tuned for next releases of IndigoMax :D

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:25 pm

subpixel wrote:Well, I believe that suvakas has already answered to this one.
Huh?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Okay, that's supposedly none of my busisness and I'm currently biased toward suvakas by pure atavism.

But subpixel, did you ever come toward him to propose something like a collaboration ? Again, you are not in position to be that cynical, and to me that's a regression compared with your latest public claims in that regard.

Your will to fullfill current lacks is honorable, but you were proposed other ways than competition if I'm correct. May I ask you to play fair ? You can query the company concerning its preference to have only one person in charge per exporter if you feel the need to, don't blame suvakas for this. Basically, I believe that's to avoid frictions or complications, period.

That was on a personal note (I am just loath to cynism) and may not reflect Glare Technologies specific position, wich I do ignore.

By the way, I already had requested officiously that refractive material wich doesn't exist yet. I'll take care of making an internal request for it any soon.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:26 pm

subpixel wrote:Hi all,

Today I received a very kind answer from Nick concerning IndigoMax. I hope he won't mind posting a quote here.
(...) you are more than welcome to keep developing IndigoMax, (as an 'unofficial' exporter) as well as posting releases on the forum.
This should clear things up. I'll post new version as soon as possible.

Thanks for the support,
Well fillipo, that's it. There is an official maxigo and an un-official indigomax. Arguing further seems like a nocive option for all.

So, suvakas didn't answer for you subpixel; rather, the boss answered us all. Thanks for letting us know about his answer btw.
obsolete asset

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:26 am

Please consider this post as the last in this matter, since I find it futile.

CTZn: I don't know where did you find cynicism. My last post was stating pretty much the same as your last one. The one is official, the other is not. No hard feelings. I just don't understand why this should be considered hostile (playing fair?)
And yes, some time ago, before I've even registered on this forum I've sent an email to suvakas offering cooperation on maxscript version of plugin, which was turned down. Again no hard feelings, he had the right for it.

Also, I'm not questioning the company policy on exporters, I'm quite happy with Nick's attitude. I'm not trying to undermine anybody, I'm just asking for feedback, which I get so aloofly. Still I'm not going to feel sorry or to apologize for me writing my plugin.

Please excuse me from taking part in any other discussion of such nature. It can be endless and IMHO pointless. Still, I'd be happy to have a meritorious conversation concerning IndigoMax as well as Maxigo.

Regards,

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:34 pm

subpixel wrote:Still I'm not going to feel sorry or to apologize for me writing my plugin.
There is no need to :)

Keep up the good work :)

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks fused :D

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:50 am

[massive edit]

Ah, screw that :)

Look, I meant it when I said that arguing further was nocive.

Though, I believe that it is now important that the situation gets clarified publically:

We shall follow Nicholas line, he only has the right. Your introduction was painfull and not well understood for the matter, but it belongs to the past now. Let's not mention that past again.

I hope that in the future, we will be able to integrate new actors in a more normalised way, this was a good lesson for us.

Peace, I bend only before my boss.
CTZn wrote:Well fillipo, that's it. There is an official maxigo and an un-official indigomax.
obsolete asset

filippo

Post by filippo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:23 am

Sorry but it's not simple easy to understand the messages ... my English is not good
2x Xeon quad core ghz 2.66(8 core)+4g ram+quadro fx
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb

16 posts