IndigoMax 0.3.4

Announcements, requests and support regarding the 3DS MAX exporter
EnemmyV2

Re: IndigoMax 0.3.4

Post by EnemmyV2 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:28 pm

ENSLAVER wrote:Hi EnemmyV2, I hope this helps.

If not then you may have to record a video of the issue so Subpixel can work on it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh! I never saw that Export on Settings, thanks a lot, it worked :)
also, are there any tutorials to master Indigo Render?, because I've found just few

Forgot to mention, why does this render takes a lot of time to simply render a Box and a omni light? O.o

And its still rendering, its at the minute 4 right now
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO!
whats the diference between IndigoMax (the render inside 3Ds Max) and Indigo Render (the program aplication)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got too many questions, why if I setup on 3Ds Max on Render / Settings / Image completion set to 0 hours and 2 minutes, once it gets exported to Indigo Render (Main application) it go over 2 minutes, it doesn't stops, because I wanna batch render 5 frames, but it just render 1 frame and don't stops rendering
Attachments
Simply scene.png

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi EnemmyV2,

I'm glad it worked for you.
Both IndigoMax and Indigo (application) use same core, so renderings are the same, however interface in Indigo application is far more advanced. Right now in IndigoMax there's a modest subset of features found in Indigo application, hence there's an option to export.

It however cannot render an animation sequence (though you should have a sequence of igs scenes in destination path). Render scene option simply performs a system double click on a last file (so you need to have an installed Indigo application). Nevertheless, you might not go outside of Max and render scene within, skipping slow scene export and parsing it (not really an issue with simple scenes).

I'm not that good in writing tutorials, but feel free to ask specific questions on forum or via PM.
Also don't hesitate to report bugs (as Enslaver does) or suggestions, they all are very helpful.

Cheers,

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi EnemmyV2 - You have found a new bug :)

*Halt time and Halt SPP are not exported

Render an animation in 3dsmax the same way you usually would. Set the output range and output files in the max render settings (F10) and use the Regular rendering setting for Indigo, rather than export. I have tried this and it works.

Make sure you change the Tonemapping settings in the Advanced tab (F10) to Linear or Camera. Reinhard is not suitable for animations as the brightness will change per frame and create flashing.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:14 am

bahamut wrote:3ds max design 2011 crashes while opening compact material editor.
This should be fixed for the next release.

EnemmyV2

Post by EnemmyV2 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 am

I would like to tank you guys for helping me :) even the developer replies and that is just awesome.

Well at my university the last project of this semester is to just model and make the concept art of a character, but I always like to put more on it, so I'm gonna make the model in ZBrush, I was thinking on a Human with robot parts, then texturize it, rigg it in maya, animate it and render it in 3Ds Max with this new render, they gave us 4 months to finish the project.

So I was looking at the gallery of Indigo, and the images are stunning, I wonder, is the lights?, the textures?, or the render itself?, how do you reach such photographic quality, I've done good renders with vray but not as good as the pics of this gallery, maybe... they're photograps!

So how do you get such quality? :O

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:36 pm

*Suggestion: Make the default Coating material settings the same as Indigo.
*Limit Coating Roughness spinner to 0-1
*Revalue thickness spinner so that 1000 = 1000um. Currently .001 = 1000um and most people don't have their max set to use more than 3 decimal places (default).
*Absorbtion colour needs exponent.

The Coating material settings should reflect the default coating material settings in Indigo otherwise it may be difficult for new users.

IOR 1.5
Thickness: 1000um
Roughness: 0.3

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Agreed. Will be in next release.
Thanks,

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 am

ENSLAVER wrote: *This error occurs trying to render Specular materials:
An exception occurred while rendering with 3ds Max.
This render will abort. If you render again without resolving the exception, you may experience instability.
Unknown Exception
This error doesn't occur when exporting, the scene renders fine. This error doesn't happen every time, you may have to move the camera or add a light.
Can replicate, will fix, thanks!

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:44 pm

*Resolution in Indigo is 800x600 regardless of max settings when exporting scenes.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:06 pm

ENSLAVER wrote: *Bidirectional check box should be disabled when GPU check box is selected.
*Rendering mode selection drop down list could be disabled when GPU is selected.
Done for next release.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:25 pm

ENSLAVER wrote: Phong materials don't render Albedo textures.
Was using the Specular / Diffuse map channels. Will change to Albedo.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:09 am

ENSLAVER wrote:*Resolution in Indigo is 800x600 regardless of max settings when exporting scenes.
This is fixed for next release.

rexluvs

Error Message _Please Give Me Solution

Post by rexluvs » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:03 am

Hi,

Today Only I am Started to Learn Indigo 3.6.2422.11.13, Actually i done a Model and Rendered In Mental ray using 3ds Max 2014, i am not happy with result compare indigo, so googled and find this plugin using demo version , Now my Problem is , when i put a render i got a error
"An exception occurred while rendering with 3ds Max.

This render will abort. If you render again without resolving the exception, you may experience instability.

Unknown Exception"
, i tried with setting but same error only showing and max also closed , file size is 356 MB, i cant even seen a single frame render, i changed indigo material , is there any special light and camera for this , if is where i can find that , or shall i use mental ray day light, i did one minute animation in that from starting sunrise in the end sun is settings, give some ideas and suggestions,

I am Extremely Sorry for My Bad English,
Help me to this ,
As Soon As Possible
Thanks in Advance
Attachments
Error.jpg

subpixel
Developer

Post by subpixel » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 am

About exception: Have you tried most recent version of IndigoMax? There were a number of issues solved since version 0.3.4
If problem persists with new version try to locate source of such exception or maybe you might send a scene so we could take a look.
About lights: At the moment for light sources it's best to use geometry with emissive material like Indigo material. You might find more information here:
Getting started
Basic usage tutorial

zafeer2025

Post by zafeer2025 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:35 am

I haven't been able to re-test the bugs

30 posts