Blendigo 2.4.x Releases

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Blendigo 2.4.x Releases

Post by StompinTom » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:28 am

Hey Doug,

Fairly important for complex scenes: Linked groups don't get exported to the right locations. It seems to export all linked groups to (0,0,0) no matter where you place them or how you rotate them in your master scene.

EDIT: Linked groups don't export their meshes. Indigo references meshes that aren't there, so it's getting pointed to the linked objects, but it isn't exporting the meshes.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 am

Could the displacement limit be raised from 1.0 to, say, 50.0 or 100.0? Having it stop at 1.0m is pretty limiting.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:07 am

Tom, that limit should be easy to raise, but you're just a little late with the request for this release:

UPDATED TO 2.4.8

KNOWN ISSUES

- Not 100% backwards-compatible with scenes set up with previous versions of Blendigo (2.2 stable); especially with regards to material settings. This won't be fixed, you'll need to migrate your old scenes to the new Blendigo if you wish to re-render them with Indigo.

WARNING
Although reasonably well tested, this release may still contain bugs.

DOWNLOADS

WINDOWS: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

LINUX: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... 4.8.tar.gz

OSX: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... -2.4.8.zip

Fixed in this release:

* Add metadata to igs file - requires Indigo 2.4.8+
* Changed info printed to console at Blendigo startup
* Fixed issues with camera motion blur (incorrect rotation and duplicate keyframes)
* NEW OSX INSTALLER !! :)

ABOUT THE NEW OSX INSTALLER

The installer will allow you to install to either:
1. The scripts folder inside the Blender.app - This is only possible if your Blender.app is located in /Applications
2. A custom blender scripts folder. If you choose this option, you will need to adjust the python scripts path in Blender's "File Paths" settings to point to that folder.

Jack-Jack

Post by Jack-Jack » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:52 am

I get this error.
SceneLoaderExcep: Unknown element type: metadata (In element 'metadata', around line 4, column 5)
Previous exporter worked fine.

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:40 am

Jack-Jack wrote:I get this error.
SceneLoaderExcep: Unknown element type: metadata (In element 'metadata', around line 4, column 5)
Previous exporter worked fine.
Sorry, I forgot to add, the 2.4.8 version of Blendigo is for Indigo v2.4.8 ;)

If you really want to use the updated exporter with a previous Indigo version, you can edit the .igs file and remove the <metadata>...</metadata> section. In all honesty, it is probably easier to update Indigo to 2.4.8 - see this thread: http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=10103

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Hey, dougal2, thanks for the update!

Please add an option for a Fastbox splat filter if it's possible :)

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:06 pm

dakiru wrote:Hey, dougal2, thanks for the update!

I just hunted down the part in the Blendigo script where it says </box> and changed it to </fastbox> :P

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:17 pm

StompinTom wrote:

I just hunted down the part in the Blendigo script where it says </box> and changed it to </fastbox> :P
:lol: nice! :D

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 pm

I was going to add this, but was waiting for Glare to confirm the exact implementation and Indigo versions supported. I'll do it for the next release.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:33 am

I hate to nag, really, but I was wondering if we'll be able to render 'fly by' animations soon where only the camera and sunlight change. It takes about 2-3 minutes for me to export a scene that I need to do a fly-through of, which takes ages even for a 1-2 minute animation (25fps x 90s x 120s/frame export = 75h).

As I mentioned before, I have no problems paying for this to be fast-tracked as it's becoming more and more important for two reasons: I want to keep the same level of quality of my still renderings and don't want to/have time to go through the pains of converting the scene to Vray settings; and cutting down the export time would allow me to spend that time rendering clips which are all the rage, apparently.

All that said, thanks so much for the hard work, Doug, I don't mean to be a baby about this :P

dakiru
Indigo 100

Post by dakiru » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:54 am

Hey, Tom, I would be glad to share the expenses with you for getting this feature :)

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 am

StompinTom wrote:I hate to nag, really, but I was wondering if we'll be able to render 'fly by' animations soon where only the camera and sunlight change. It takes about 2-3 minutes for me to export a scene that I need to do a fly-through of, which takes ages even for a 1-2 minute animation (25fps x 90s x 120s/frame export = 75h).

As I mentioned before, I have no problems paying for this to be fast-tracked as it's becoming more and more important for two reasons: I want to keep the same level of quality of my still renderings and don't want to/have time to go through the pains of converting the scene to Vray settings; and cutting down the export time would allow me to spend that time rendering clips which are all the rage, apparently.

All that said, thanks so much for the hard work, Doug, I don't mean to be a baby about this :P
OK, I'll make this a priority for the next release, no extra funding is necessary.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:43 am

dougal2 wrote:
StompinTom wrote:I hate to nag, really, but I was wondering if we'll be able to render 'fly by' animations soon where only the camera and sunlight change. It takes about 2-3 minutes for me to export a scene that I need to do a fly-through of, which takes ages even for a 1-2 minute animation (25fps x 90s x 120s/frame export = 75h).

OK, I'll make this a priority for the next release, no extra funding is necessary.
Thank you so much! :D

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:39 am

UPDATED TO 2.4.10

KNOWN ISSUES

- Not 100% backwards-compatible with scenes set up with previous versions of Blendigo (2.2 stable); especially with regards to material settings. This won't be fixed, you'll need to migrate your old scenes to the new Blendigo if you wish to re-render them with Indigo.

WARNING
Although reasonably well tested, this release may still contain bugs. This exporter requires Indigo version 2.4.10

DOWNLOADS

WINDOWS: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

LINUX: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... .10.tar.gz

OSX: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... 2.4.10.zip

Fixed in this release:
* Added fastbox splat filter
* Improved metadata in IGS file
* Improved console output when exporting (esp. for animation)
* Some small optimisation in igmesh write code
* Added 'Fly-By' (fb button) Animation mode
* Extended animation filename numbering to 5 digits

ABOUT FLY-BY ANIMATION MODE
In this mode, all meshes are exported only once into the static_meshes/ folder. Also, any particle instances are also only written once into a <NAME>-static_instances.igs file.
This should mean that for animations where there is no mesh deformation happening, the export process should be considerably quicker (and take much less disk space) as much less data is duplicated onto disk.
Things like camera, object and light movement and camera and object motion blur should all be fully functional in this mode. You can enable this mode with the 'fb' button next to the 'Render Anim' button at the top of the Blendigo interface.

SaphireS
Indigo 100

Post by SaphireS » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 pm

ABOUT FLY-BY ANIMATION MODE
Great! 8)
Your ad here!

76 posts