How does one blend between external materials?

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Blender Indigo export script
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
plaurits
Indigo 100

How does one blend between external materials?

Post by plaurits » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi,

Everytime i try to make a blended material (in Blendigo v2.4 stable) with external materials, I get an error like this:
SceneLoaderExcep: Blend Material: No material with name 'Acciaio_Inox_18-10' defined.
So what exactly is one supposed to do to get it working right?

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Re: How does one blend between external materials?

Post by Doug Armand » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:54 am

plaurits wrote:Hi,

Everytime i try to make a blended material (in Blendigo v2.4 stable) with external materials, I get an error like this:
SceneLoaderExcep: Blend Material: No material with name 'Acciaio_Inox_18-10' defined.
So what exactly is one supposed to do to get it working right?
Try using Indigo's Material Editor to make the Blend then refer to it from Blendigo as an external material type.

For example to test this out I created a 3x Blend material in the editor and then rendered a simple cube using it. Worked with no problems
Capture.JPG
3x Blends in one material
Capture.JPG (18.84 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
igs.jpg
The simple scene using the external 3xblended material
and finallly the Indigo .pigm material file so you can load it into the Material Editor and Blendigo to try it for yourself
TestExternalBlend.pigm
(25.7 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Doug

Doug Armand

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:53 am

I've had to deal with this before and requested a change to how it works, but it's a matter of naming the material the same across the board - your internal blendigo material names have to exactly match the material names in the external material .igm's that you are referencing.

what I think would be more user-friendly (if it's at all possible) would be for blendigo to do a check for the external .igm material name and use that for blends. that way you could easily swap blended external materials without having to rename your blendigo material or double check that everything matches.

plaurits
Indigo 100

Post by plaurits » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:04 pm

Thanks to both of you. I finally got it working... I was sure I would go absolutely insane at some point - working with 2.49 and blendigo is, uhm, not a pleasant experience to say the least.

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:07 pm

plaurits wrote:Thanks to both of you. I finally got it working... I was sure I would go absolutely insane at some point - working with 2.49 and blendigo is, uhm, not a pleasant experience to say the least.
The more you use them the easier they get :wink:
Doug

Doug Armand

5 posts • Page 1 of 1