Blendigo 3.6.5.1

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:47 am

Blendigo (for Blender 2.64 + ) 3.6.5.1

ALL PLATFORMS: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... .6.5.1.zip

WINDOWS INSTALLER: http://www.indigorenderer.com/dist/expo ... taller.exe

Changes in this release:

-------
* Added basic support for coating material
* Added basic support for double-sided thin material.

NOTE: This exporter REQUIRES Blender version 2.64 or newer

It also requires Indigo 3.6.5 or newer to be installed.

MANUAL INSTALLATION

Unzip the archive. Move the extracted indigo folder into your Blender addons folder.
You should end up with <blender scripts>/addons/indigo/

Run Blender 2.6, go into User Preferences/Addons, and find the Render section. Locate the Blendigo entry
and enable the addon by clicking the little checkbox on the right.

INSTALLATION VIA BLENDER

Run Blender 2.6, go into User Preferences/Addons. Click the "Install Addon" button and choose the blendigo-2.5-3.6.5.1.zip file. The addon will be installed and shown to you, ready for activation.

If you are upgrading, be sure to choose the "Overwrite" option when selecting the .zip file.

You can easily check the installed version in the Addons panel. After upgrading/replacing I would strongly recommend restarting blender.

KNOWN BUGS
When motion blur is enabled, objects with keyframes whose parents also have keyframes may have incorrect transformations in Indigo.
The workaround for this is to disable motion blur for the scene. This can be disabled by unchecking the 'Motion Blur' checkbox in the Render settings tab in Blender, in the 'Indigo Render Engine Settings' section.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: Blendigo 3.6.5.1

Post by Oscar J » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 am

Yes yes! TYVM! :)

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 am

Oscar J wrote:Yes yes! TYVM! :)
Wait until you try it before you thank me :)

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 am

Updated build with this:

* Added sphere primitive (Checkbox in Indigo Object Settings in Object Data)

everwind
Indigo 100

Post by everwind » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 am

Blendigo works with 2.65a but the installer doesn't ... it installs indigo in Blender/2.64/script etc. whereas I didn't even had a 2.64 directory.

If possible you should change the installer so that it installs Blendigo on the really last version of blender installed, not just the default repertory "2.6x".

But except this little point, so far no problem :)

Thanks a lot !

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 am

I can't find coating material or double sided in the blendigo GUI.

Could someone tell me where it is?
Attachments
Skärmavbild 2013-01-19 kl. 16.39.37.png

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 am

If I trust everwind above the install might have gone wrong but it seems fixable meanwhile.
obsolete asset

Headroom
Indigo 100

Blendigo 3.6.5.1

Post by Headroom » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:34 am

It's very easy to check in Blender whether the installation process went wrong and the " old" version of the plugin is still active or the new one was installed.
I don't have access to my iMac right now ( son is playing minecraft) but will post later if no one else has posted a solution.
iMac 2.93 GHz Quad Core i7. 12 GB memory
ATI Radeon HD 5750M 1024 MB
OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite
Blender 2.72, Blendigo 3.8.25, Indigo 3.8.26

Trippy Lighting LLC - Colorful LED lighting systems
High Power RGB LED driver - Blog

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 am

Start Blender and look in File-->User Preferences. Tab: Addons and look for Blendigo, which is in the Render category. That shows you the version number of the plugin. This is the same across all OS platforms I suppose.

What is different is how and where it is installed. Fortunately there is no installer for the mac.
As Blendigo is a Blender Addon written in Python, even for Windows no installer is really needed and you can load down the .zip version and use the "Install Addon" button in the lower left corner of the User Preferences.
That will put the files where they need to be. There are enough video tutorials explaining that process so I won't post that here.

I don't even use the above mentioned process. The zipped download unpacks into a folder name blendigo-2. that folder contains a file named "indigo_release.txt" and another folder named "indigo". I just move that folder into /Applications/"whatever I named my Bender Folder in the /Applications directory"/Blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.64/scripts/addons/

That may sound complicated but is pretty quick.

Once the Addon is installed correctly the Materials section amongst the usual candidates will contain "DoubleSidedThin" and "Coating"

Oscar J
1st Place Winner

Post by Oscar J » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:52 am

I feel like an arse now - all I had to do was to restart Indigo. :(

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

This is coming soon to Blender: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User: ... thon_Nodes

Worth keeping an eye on! I suppose then the material system could support custom Indigo nodes?

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 pm

The same thought crossed my mind when I came across this. That would in fact be outstanding! Perhaps a Wishlist thread for Blendigo is on order.

I think, that there is a lot of functionality in the C4D exporter that could also be realized in Blender.

FakeShamus

Post by FakeShamus » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 am

Hi, I'm getting this error on one of my scenes using this new version:

Code: Select all

Scene parsing error: Referenced node did not have type SceneNodeMaterial
I haven't pinned down where it's coming from, other scenes seem to work fine...

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:13 am

- Small request: when exporting animations, could only the meshes that change be exported every frame? It still seems as though it's exporting the geometry for every frame, which is hell for complex scenes with lots of static objects...

- When re-exporting an animation from Blender, it seems as though the existing .igs frame files get emptied but not re-written, so Indigo complains that there is nothing in the file to render. Deleting the .igs files, the temporary scene folder and the queue file fixes this, but I think it should be done automatically.

- Would it be possible to export all the animation stuff to a distinct folder inside of AppData/Temp to make finding all the relevant files easier? Right now they're scattered in between all the other stuff in Temp.

- Is is possible to have the option of deleting each .igs frame as it finishes rendering? Auto self-destruct :D Not sure if this is a good idea, but just thinking about space.

- Render queue is working great, though it would be very useful to be able to Shift-select multiple .igs files to delete them (for long queues).

Altogether great improvements :)

EDIT: Maybe it's just me, or just because I'm animating a very simple scene at the moment, but does Indigo keep some of the render data in memory between frames? It seems as though the build time between frames is much quicker... Path GPU, 30 s / frame, at the moment.

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:55 am

- Confirming what William posted in the other thread: Dupligroups don't work. It's not just linked objects, it's instanced groups which give

Code: Select all

ERROR: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'indigo_mesh'
Bit of a headache, as I've got some heavy groups that need instancing!

EDIT: Attached simple scene.

EDIT2: Can't seem to attach it. Will email.

27 posts