Can I change the computer my master node is on?

General questions about Indigo, the scene format, rendering etc...
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Vinchester

Post by Vinchester » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Dear forum,

I'm studying architecture in college and have been using Indigo for a while now. Until recently I have been running Indigo (I bought student license) on my reasonably fast laptop. Now that I have got a new desktop computer I want to use it for rendering instead, but I didn't know that the Slave Node I assigned to my desktop would mean a permanent Watermark on the renders it produce!!!

So can I somehow move the master node to my new desktop? Without buying another license altogether? I've spent almost 200euros for this so I'm a bit irritated when I found the limitation on Slave nodes! I'm willing to stop using my laptop for rendering because doing it on a proper PC is much faster.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:03 pm

For sure you can!
Just request a licence reset at the official email adress, and you will be able To enter new hardware adresses at your licence form.
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Re: Can I change the computer my master node is on?

Post by StompinTom » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:44 pm

To remind you, Slave nodes are only there to help with network rendering so they'll never function as the full version. It'd be cool to eventually have a floating license system, though.

Vinchester

Re: Can I change the computer my master node is on?

Post by Vinchester » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:05 am

oh thank you so much :D it's great to hear that I could "move" my license! Now I could let my desktop do all the hard works all night without worrying it'll melt down like my laptop haha!

I didn't know that Slave nodes are for network rendering primarily. Thanks for telling me that!

4 posts • Page 1 of 1