Different times of day Sky / Better animation process?

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Godzilla
Indigo 100

Different times of day Sky / Better animation process?

Post by Godzilla » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:11 am

Perhaps you guys could implement different sky maps (Instead of the regular Blue to pink sky) or just an option in the exporter to set the time of day? Night skies would be cool with stars or a moon.

Just a rough Idea.

And as for animation options- it would be cool if the process was easier. I was thinking something like this:

Export the animation to a folder, and the exporter names the exported .igs files as <Scenename>1, 2, 3 and so on.

You open up Indigo, click a 'Render Animation' button, where it prompts you to specify the folder with the .igs file scenes. You specify the folder, then it prompts you to specify the output folder, how many SPP you want each image to render to, tonemapping, white balance, and aperature diffraction settings.

It begins to render the animation, and when the image is rendered to however many SPP you specified, it saves it to the output folder with the same name as the .igs file.

After the animation is completed, it prompts you to specify what playback settings you would like the animation to have (FPS, format, output folder,etc.), then it combines all of the images into a video and saves it to the specified location.

After it is saves, Indigo should ask if you would like to delete the .IGS files and image files that were used to create the animation.

Again, just a rough idea, I'd love to hear what you guys think :wink:
samlavoie.xyz

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Re: Different times of day Sky / Better animation process?

Post by suvakas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:47 am

Saving directly to video file is a bad idea. Specially when using unbiased renderer. Belive me, you want your frames as lossless as possible and you want to compress them manually afterwards. :wink:

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:04 am

suvakas wrote:Saving directly to video file is a bad idea. Specially when using unbiased renderer. Belive me, you want your frames as lossless as possible and you want to compress them manually afterwards. :wink:
We're feeling a little WytRaven aren't we? :D

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:21 pm

I guess he must be because I agree 100% with suvakas! :mrgreen:
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

4 posts • Page 1 of 1