[REQ] texture loading and switching defaults

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
FakeShamus

[REQ] texture loading and switching defaults

Post by FakeShamus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 am

Hi, I have a couple small request for textures and the filesystem defaults.

would it be possible, through Indigo preferences, to allow us to set a default directory for the location of image textures? I think most people keep their images, or usually many subfolders of images, in a specific location for this purpose (I do anyway).

and then, when switching textures - in the case of a material which already has a texture loaded - could the "browse" button please open the same directory where the current image is located, instead of the last accessed folder? this may not be the most efficient for every scenario, but I'm finding on most occasions that it would make more sense.

this is on OSX, by the way, not sure how Windows may handle things differently. and any thoughts from other users is welcome, I know everyone has different workflows...

thanks!

Eneen

Re: [REQ] texture loading and switching defaults

Post by Eneen » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:28 pm

+1

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:20 pm

I would be perfectly happy if i could see the saved materials in Finder preview... instead of the standard .igi with Indigo logo....would make categorizing textures MUCH MORE EASY.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:17 am

FakeShamus wrote:in the case of a material which already has a texture loaded - could the "browse" button please open the same directory where the current image is located, instead of the last accessed folder? this may not be the most efficient for every scenario, but I'm finding on most occasions that it would make more sense.

this is on OSX, by the way, not sure how Windows may handle things differently.
It actually works like this on Windows, and would on OS X as well if Qt wasn't so buggy. We have updated Qt version, so will be fixed next build on OS X.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1