More digits for the whitepoint

Feature requests, bug reports and related discussion
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
galinette
1st Place Winner

More digits for the whitepoint

Post by galinette » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:38 am

Dear Indigo team,

I'm still working on having full color-proofness with Indigo for professionnal use in glass rendering.
Today, when I change the whitepoint in the GUI, the smallest fine tuning possible is 0.001, and this gives me a too big step in the final Lab colorspace values : I get a ΔE of around 2.0, which is too big. Especially, the D65 whitepoint is not a real D65, I think this is due to the rounding of the x and y values. The color differences are not huge, but perceivable on a calibrated pro monitor, and too big to pass color validation of the toolchain.

Two questions:
- If I set a whitepoint with more digits in the IGS code, will it be taken into account?
- Would it be possible to set more digits in the GUI? (4 would be better, 5 would give full precision).

Thanks,

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

CTZn

Re: More digits for the whitepoint

Post by CTZn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:40 am

For some reasons I'm finding the captions cumbersome: they use comma and have a restricted input (besides precision. Numbers should shuffle to the right even though the firsts only will be retained).

+1, would be nice as UI options.
obsolete asset

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: More digits for the whitepoint

Post by fused » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Hey galinette,
galinette wrote:Two questions:
- If I set a whitepoint with more digits in the IGS code, will it be taken into account?
I'm not sure if that will work in the UI, probably not (settings in GUI are sent to the core every now and then). In console it should.
galinette wrote: - Would it be possible to set more digits in the GUI? (4 would be better, 5 would give full precision).
Yes, thats very possible. It will be changed.
I can't promise that it will make it into the 2.6 stable (but also can't really see why it couldn't).

Cheers,
Yves

3 posts • Page 1 of 1