Show off your final renders
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

A simple house in Mexico

Post by Lal-O » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:21 am

Hi there guys!
This is the result of project i've been working on ...clients will make changes for sure..however this are the final renderings so far. C & C Welcome :)

Regards
Attachments
07.jpg
06.jpg
05.jpg
04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Re: A simple house in Mexico

Post by Pibuz » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:55 am

Hi Lal-O!
Not bad at all!

I have to admit I'd work a little more on a couple of things, if I can suggest..

1) re-catch the background image: at the moment is too blurred and strikes the eye immediately
2) geometry lacks detailing: you need to think like a builder when you want to represent architecture (the concrete joint on the third image works greatly!)
3) wonderful work on the vegetation, the white plaster and the exposed concrete; there's room for improvement for black plaster and wood instead (IMHO)
4) rework the rock material of the boundary wall: looks reeeeally CG now in most of your shots :lol:
5) use a better texture for the road (remember that floors are often very significant to the overall feeling of the image)

Sorry if I sound strict :lol: I just want you to improve!

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:39 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Lal-O!
Not bad at all!

I have to admit I'd work a little more on a couple of things, if I can suggest..

1) re-catch the background image: at the moment is too blurred and strikes the eye immediately
2) geometry lacks detailing: you need to think like a builder when you want to represent architecture (the concrete joint on the third image works greatly!)
3) wonderful work on the vegetation, the white plaster and the exposed concrete; there's room for improvement for black plaster and wood instead (IMHO)
4) rework the rock material of the boundary wall: looks reeeeally CG now in most of your shots :lol:
5) use a better texture for the road (remember that floors are often very significant to the overall feeling of the image)

Sorry if I sound strict :lol: I just want you to improve!
Hi Pibuz
Thx for yor crits and comments :D .
Naa, no problem, is ok... crits and comments is what i was looking for so feel free to suggest :)
I totally agree with you in every single point you mention :D
All i have to say in " my defense :roll: " is that my deadlines were too short for this project. The full 3d project (modeling and rendering) was done in 18 hrs so that is why there are so many things to improve ...I know ..as a professional there are no excuses :oops:

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:01 am

..I'm really disappointed by the deadlines OTHERS force us to do: the quality of the work could usually be MUCH MORE HIGH with some more comfy timings... it's such a pity....

That said, the good fact is that in the preview the look pretty good, so the lighting and color palette are good. Now the "only" thing would be the detailing..

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Have totally missed this, looks really good. As Pibuz said - the feeling is really there in these renders, so you have the most important part right. Looked like photos from the previews. :)
Last edited by Oscar J on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner

Post by Lal-O » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:22 pm

Thx for the kind words guys :D .
Regards

6 posts • Page 1 of 1