Simple Office

Show off your final renders
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
Sean Chen

Simple Office

Post by Sean Chen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 am

Here's a simple unbiased render engines comparison. The same office render separately by Indigo, Octane and Maxwell. All render times are the same, 05:40:00
Indigo.jpg
Indigo
Octane.jpg
Octane
Maxwell.jpg
Maxwell
I have no prejudice to Maxwell. :D

Antonis777

Re: Simple Office

Post by Antonis777 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:43 am

Indigo and Octane are achieved the cleanest renders, but I have to say that I like the colors from Indigo...!

Sean Chen

Post by Sean Chen » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Antonis777 wrote:Indigo and Octane are achieved the cleanest renders, but I have to say that I like the colors from Indigo...!
First, I made this scene in C4D, Indigo for C4D and Maxwell could make some simple color correction for textures but Octane could not, I did color correct to some of wood textures. All of render engines could control light colors and brightness by temperature and many unit standards, but every engine has different way to Implement them. Don't forget every engine has their ways to achieve tone mapping, too many variations that I can't get the same tone for them.

Indigo do a great job on cleaning noise, I like the speed and good quality of Indigo very much.

Although Octane clean the image enough, but in fact, there are too many small hot spot around everywhere, Octane remove them by a trick, it cause some details disapear.

I don't understand what's going on on Maxwell, maybe thats my fault.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Always nice to see some comparisons of render engines, but as usual they are only somehow valid as long as they are set up the same!
A comparison of unbiased reneder engines (and Octane) shouldn't be done biased!
Sean Chen wrote:First, I made this scene in C4D, Indigo for C4D and Maxwell could make some simple color correction for textures but Octane could not, I did color correct to some of wood textures.
Try to use "raw" textures that don't get processed further, that should allow a more unbiased comparison ;)
Sean Chen wrote:All of render engines could control light colors and brightness by temperature and many unit standards, but every engine has different way to Implement them.
Here is the main issue of that comparison, the light strength is set different among the engines, like you can clearly see!
In the Maxwell render the strongest most calculated light is the top Indirect ceiling light, that is hard to compute.
The Indigo version has a very strong backlight (big fast rendering emitter!), Octane little less!
Sean Chen wrote:Don't forget every engine has their ways to achieve tone mapping, too many variations that I can't get the same tone for them.
Simply use Linear Tonemapping with the same WhitePoint setting, that should do the Job!
Sean Chen wrote:Although Octane clean the image enough, but in fact, there are too many small hot spot around everywhere, Octane remove them by a trick, it cause some details disapear.
Trick and Octane fits perfect in one and the same sentence :P
Sean Chen wrote:I don't understand what's going on on Maxwell, maybe thats my fault.
For me the ceiling edge area looks like there would leak light into the scene, try not to use one sided planes for walls, but closed "boxy meshes", some engines simply don't like single sided meshes...
polygonmanufaktur.de

Helenni

Post by Helenni » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Cool, nice image!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1