some works...

Show off your final renders
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
vasco

some works...

Post by vasco » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Hallo, here are some works from me. I would be glad to get some comments.
Attachments
6.jpg
7.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Intel Pentium 4, 512MB Ram, Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra

Instagram: gorilla_studio_coco

portgas

Re: some works...

Post by portgas » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 pm

some looks nice, others looks fake. You need more textures.

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Look good, second one down is my favourite, the gallery, also the second up from the bottom - I like the almost abstract arrangement of the various lines :)

Only thing I'm not a fan of it the ghostly black people impressions, I think they detract a little from the overall image.

vasco

Post by vasco » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 am

Bosseye wrote:Look good, second one down is my favourite, the gallery, also the second up from the bottom - I like the almost abstract arrangement of the various lines :)

Only thing I'm not a fan of it the ghostly black people impressions, I think they detract a little from the overall image.
Hello Bosseye,
the people are from neubauwelt and I use them as layer in Photoshop, I like them but maybe you are right about the colour. What colour would you prefer?
Intel Pentium 4, 512MB Ram, Nvidia Riva TNT2 Ultra

Instagram: gorilla_studio_coco

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:14 pm

vasco wrote:What color would you prefer?
maybe Try some white 2D silhouettes directly in the scene, by that you keep a abstract look, but they fit better in the scene get the lightning from around, drop shadows are visible in reflections etc.
At the moment you have floating ghosts without any relation to the depth of the scene...

This whole filling scenes with people thing for my taste nearly never enhances the scene...
but customers always want that stuff :?
polygonmanufaktur.de

Bosseye

Post by Bosseye » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Zom-B wrote: This whole filling scenes with people thing for my taste nearly never enhances the scene...
but customers always want that stuff :?
Man, I agree with that. I don't like dropping people into scenes, but pretty much every time the client wants to see the image 'busy'.

And I'd second your thoughts on white silhouettes - they're less obtrusive than black and as you say if you put flat silhouettes in the scene then they cast shadows and reflect and look more natural yet still retain the abstract quality without pulling too much attention from the main visual.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1