Mitsubishi Evo X

Show off your final renders
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
theederv

Mitsubishi Evo X

Post by theederv » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 am

Hi all,

I am new to Indigo as a good friend of mine reccommended I give it a try. I am on Cinema 4d R11.5 and have been using Advanced Render for the last 6 years.

I finished this piece using the trial version of Indigo on friday, I would very much like to hear your critisism on how you think I could improve it. I also need to find a way to speed up the render time as this rendered for 18 hours on my iMac and still has some grain. I'd also love to be able to render this at a higher res but I understand there has to be restrictions on trial versions! As I am only a hobbyist I have to be sure something is entirely right for me before I part with my hard earned cash :-)

I had an issue with this image wherby, if I added a glass material to the front glass on the headlight, the illumination from the light behind didnt shine through, can anybody help me understand why this might have been the case, I had to add the headlight glass reflection in post-processing because I rendered the original image without any glass for this reason.

Please tell me what you think might improve the realism on the piece and render time etc

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Regards

Ben
Attachments
evo_x_indigo_render_by_theederv.jpg

SaphireS
Indigo 100

Re: Mitsubishi Evo X

Post by SaphireS » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 pm

I like it, especially the idea with the lamps!
Very strong chromatic aberration at the top of the picture, intended?
But the Headlights are really nice!
Your ad here!

2 posts • Page 1 of 1