Resume an entire Animation Queue?

Come here for help & support.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Mad Marvin

Resume an entire Animation Queue?

Post by Mad Marvin » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 am

Hey guys,

Pretty new to the Indigo renderer, however coming from Maxwell where I without much trouble could resume an entire animation, I'm wondering if the same thing is available in Indigo?

The idea was to render 5 minutes, jump to the next image, render 5 minutes, jump to the next image, etc, until the last image - then Maxwell would jump to the first image again, resume for 5 minutes, jump to the next image, etc.

Is this possible? I've got the .igq, .igs and .igi files.

Hope there's some way to do this that I've missed. Thanks!

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Resume an entire Animation Queue?

Post by Originalplan® » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Mad Marvin wrote: Maxwell where I without much trouble could resume an entire animation
Hi Marvin,
Welcome to Indigo.
(Jeezus you rendered animation with Maxwell 8) ...super slow. )

Well there is no way that i know of to render animation like you mentioned.
Indigo is Indigo Maxwell is Maxwell. But a good way to get the results you need is to check 1 frame with a defined time or sample limit. ( i use that too )
So you don't have to run the render again (Indigo is fast).
SO for example try to specify a fixed samplerate on your /frames probably you won't need to go higher like 2500-5000ssp on each frame. Of course use GPU (multiple) if you can to speed up things.
( but if you want to render this let it run till 20000ssp/frame :P

Have fun!
Best

Originalplan®

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:01 am

Apparently there has been some work done on such a feature, but not quite done yet. You can of course resume renders from igi if there are some specific frames you want cleaner.

Mad Marvin

Post by Mad Marvin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:17 pm

Originalplan® wrote:
Mad Marvin wrote: Maxwell where I without much trouble could resume an entire animation
Hi Marvin,
Welcome to Indigo.
(Jeezus you rendered animation with Maxwell 8) ...super slow. )

Well there is no way that i know of to render animation like you mentioned.
Indigo is Indigo Maxwell is Maxwell. But a good way to get the results you need is to check 1 frame with a defined time or sample limit. ( i use that too )
So you don't have to run the render again (Indigo is fast).
SO for example try to specify a fixed samplerate on your /frames probably you won't need to go higher like 2500-5000ssp on each frame. Of course use GPU (multiple) if you can to speed up things.
( but if you want to render this let it run till 20000ssp/frame :P

Have fun!
Best

Originalplan®
Thanks for your answer! And boy, I know Maxwell is slow. That's why I'm here.... ;)

Anyway, I could figure this out by scripting, perhaps. Does the .igq file store the progress of each .igi? Or do I have to check every .igi in a folder?

Cheers!

Originalplan®
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by Originalplan® » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:47 pm

Mad Marvin wrote:
Thanks for your answer! And boy, I know Maxwell is slow. That's why I'm here.... ;)

Anyway, I could figure this out by scripting, perhaps. Does the .igq file store the progress of each .igi? Or do I have to check every .igi in a folder?

Cheers!
AFAIK Zeitmeister made a REQ for .igq to store more funcions. http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =5&t=13969

Right now you could try to script some hack into the Render XML or .igi.... but maybe the best option would be to wait a bit longer till this feature is implemented. Since a big margin for error would be there.
Since your host applications plugin setting drives the rendering inside Indigo e.g from Cinema there is only time and sample rate to control the rendering on each frame (ergo when to stop 1 frame) it would be very hard IMO to get Indigo to re-read a certain amount of frames from the point of the specified stop.

Mainly because you would need a .pigs format to do so. (To store all data permanently and not read it from memory). But if you feel adventurous i might worth to give it a try to figure out a good way to pull this off.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 am

I would imagine you can check the progress for each igi if you open the igq in Indigo and check the Render queue window.

http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... -animation

6 posts • Page 1 of 1