sun to bright, room to dark

Come here for help & support.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
franky

sun to bright, room to dark

Post by franky » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:03 pm

hello,

i have a problem with te lightning. if i render my drawing and i change nothing, it looks like the first (dark) picture. if i change the ev adjust to 1,00 the film iso to 600 and by light layer the gain to 7,500 than i get the result i want to have on the interieur, bud than the exterieur is way to bright (picture 2).

what can i do, or what did i do wrong???
Attachments
to light.jpg
to dark.jpg

bacon
3rd Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: sun to bright, room to dark

Post by bacon » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:01 am

Hi !

If you take photos inside a room against a window with a real camera you get the same result.. either you get correct exposure for the room with windows too bright (blown out) or correct exposure for windows with room too dark..

One solution you can use is to make several exposures that capture the range you want and let for example photoshop do an hdr.

BR

galinette
1st Place Winner

Post by galinette » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:15 am

You can use the reinhard tonemapping which makes a kind of HDR toning (dynmic range reduction).
Best is to save the untonemapped rendered image as EXR, then open it in photoshop, and convert it to 8bit image using "HDR Toning"
In the real world of photography, you would need to take pictures with multiple exposures, reassemble them in a 32 bit HDR image, and use HDR toning to balance the outdoor and indoor zones.

Etienne
Eclat-Digital Research
http://www.eclat-digital.com

ENSLAVER

Post by ENSLAVER » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:19 pm

You can increase the brightness of the floor or wall where the direct sunlight lands, it will brighten the room. You could also open a skylight in the roof or add extra "holes" (windows) to the house if it is possible. I usually cheat and leave whole walls off if I can get away with it (depends on house/reflections/camera/etc)

franky

Post by franky » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:05 pm

thanx guys,

enough options for my to work with.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1