Lighting System

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Headroom
Indigo 100

Lighting System

Post by Headroom » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:46 am

This is my 1st hopefully not too noobish attempt at visualizing a concept for a lighting system. The prototype is currently disassembled so I could measure the parts and sketch them up in Blender.

The light sources are IES files for MR16 halogen light bulbs http://www.solux.net/cgi-bin/tlistore/i ... files.html. As it appears its difficult to find IES files for that sort of light bulbs that also work w/ Idigo. I would like to use more of a flood light source.

If anyone haas a good source, please share.

Also, the brick wall uses a displacement map. I played around with the subdivision settings in Indigo, but it crashed repeatedly if I went too high on some parameters. I guess it ran out of memory (4Gig in my iMac). So I subdivided the plane in Blender fine enough and then instanced it to "cover" the whole length of the wall. After reading the tutorial from Whaat I may play around a bit more with it.

I am thinking of placing a few plants in front of it, though, I have not been able to find a good source and have shied away so far from modeling them myself.
Attachments
Solux 2.jpg
Solux 2.jpg (218.26 KiB) Viewed 4100 times

1 post • Page 1 of 1