Need advice on more dramatic lighting for lounge scene

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
gogeta14

Need advice on more dramatic lighting for lounge scene

Post by gogeta14 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey,
this is my lounge scene. I wanted to know what suggestions you all have for some more drama, especially with the lighting. Made with SU.

Oh and those black panels in the corner are windows with a city night view, but I still cant figure out how to stop the reflection you can see the view.

Oh and the white squares are just temp until I find art for that wall.
Attachments
DesignTest.JPG
DesignTest.JPG (85.58 KiB) Viewed 1930 times

Josh
Indigo 100

Re: Need advice on more dramatic lighting for lounge scene

Post by Josh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:56 am

Hmm maybe dim the ceiling lamps (not completely off, but dimmer compared to the lamps at the shelf). Then let it render to a higher SPP so we can see your materials better. They look a bit dull in my opinion.

The reflections on the windows are correct :?: but they'll vanish by dimming the lamps, anyway. I suppose it looks a bit strange at first glance because it's not clear that there is a window (and probably because of the low SPP)...

I think this will be a very nice scene with some tweaking :)

benn

Re: Need advice on more dramatic lighting for lounge scene

Post by benn » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

I agree with Josh, let render to a high SPP and turn down the ambient lighting (ceiling lights?). Either that, or turn your ceiling lights to downlights that cast smaller pools of light. You'll need to make your city image that's out the window an emitter so that it shows through the window - the reflections probably should stay anyway - as they are physically correct if you have naked bulbs in the room :)

That help?

3 posts • Page 1 of 1