Interior Scene

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
griesenglonz

Interior Scene

Post by griesenglonz » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Hi.

I'm just working on a visualization of our planned house to show my wife how it will look like ;-) Here's a scene from the living room.

Unfortunately I have no access to the Indigo Material Database at the moment so I have created very simple Materials for the moment.

Critics & Comments appreciated.
Wohnzimmer_Indigo10_13.5h.png
Interior Scene, 2x2.33 GHz + 2x2.8GHz @ 13.5hrs
Wohnzimmer_Indigo10_13.5h.png (636.69 KiB) Viewed 5043 times
I have a second version rendered for about 6 hours longer with nearly no better quality (still a lot of noise in the foreground).
Wohnzimmer_Indigo10_20h.png
Interior Scene, 2x2.33 GHz + 2x2.8GHz @ 20hrs (after about 15 hours the slave with 2x2.8 GHz was disconnected)
Wohnzimmer_Indigo10_20h.png (614.32 KiB) Viewed 5044 times
I was wondering how long I have to render to get rid of the noise in the foreground...

Achim

djegoo
Indigo 100

Re: Interior Scene

Post by djegoo » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:56 am

hi

i think, even if you don t have acces yet to material, you can add some textures from your modeler, they will appear in indigo

for example on the floor. maybe add some stuff on the table, and change try to model table an chairs that look like yours, so that your wife feels more "at home"

need details. i like the global illumination.

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:30 am

The lighting is quite nice, add some textures and make more detailed models.
And you will be on your way to a good render :)

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:49 am

griesenglonz wrote:Unfortunately I have no access to the Indigo Material Database at the moment so I have created very simple Materials for the moment.
Using some textures is nothing impossible, give it a try, don't be a neo :)

I really hope you have used ExitPortals for interiors a must have!

As stromberg told, lightning looks good :!:
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 am

Concerning the noise: it depends on your scene.

If you can quantify the difference in illumination between two spots of a scene, then you can basically estimate how long the less exposed will take to clear out by comparing it with the other. In other terms, noise inversely proportionates with the quantity of light received at a given spot (more light = less noise obviously).

So what ? Back the camera with wide surfaces to bounce light closer, add secondary light sources, or consider noise (to some extents) as a component of realism, as I do. Noise is a subjective thing (I couldnt see any in your 1st pic), just like the perception of "pure" white (another slowing factor for renders) in real life. You think that the real albedo of that porcelain is 1 1 1 ? Well, looks like but it's not. Even real world imaging devices can not alleviate noise without a specific NR process, you are free to use one but I would not.

I second Stromberg and ZomB comments, keep it up and welcome Achim griesenglonz !
obsolete asset

griesenglonz

Post by griesenglonz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:07 am

Hi again.

Thank you very much for your comments. As CTZn suggested, I think i'll accept this amount of noise as a part of realism. First of all, I'll follow your suggestion to add more realistic details to the scene. Stay tuned for updates ;-)

@ZomB: I have used exit portals right after rendering the images above. Now I get even faster and a little bit clearer renders.

- Achim

tungee

Post by tungee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:34 am

Zomb:

"don't be a neo"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
Music has the right to children!

benn

Post by benn » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:59 pm

griesenglonz: I have changed the material database so you should be able to download your materials now. :)

8 posts • Page 1 of 1