Observation room

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Re: Observation room

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 pm

I think you need to decide what the room is for?. If it's an observation room on a spaceship/platform then it's a effing huge one for humans :lol:

If it's a hangar of some sort then it's vastness makes sense. If you place a starship in that space, maybe going oout of camera, then it would add a sense of purpose. Just my 2 cents
Doug

Doug Armand

djegoo
Indigo 100

Post by djegoo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:05 pm

neo0. wrote:I haven't found any decent tutorials on how to use masks.. They all tell you what a mask is (already knew) but none of them tell you how to apply them..

At the moment, im trying the emitting plane..
ahan treally?? i thought you knew how to do a mask, refering to this
neo0. wrote:Pibuz, thank you for the civilized answer. I'll go check it out.

@Stinkie : Many of the posts here offered no help, simply derisive contempt. Examples?
Now put a goddamn sock in it and go do something worthwhile, like learn what an alpha render actually is.
Really? Let's take a look at Wings 3Ds decade old open GL renderer. Whoops, I guess, I really do know what alpha is. Sorry :(

If you read my op, you would see that I explained how alpha could be used, which more or less proves that I knew what it was.

If you still need more evidence of "unhelpful" help, look at neepneep and godzilla's post.

Neo, if there's anyone around here who needs to grow up, it's you. Your incessant infantile whining is becoming, quite frankly, extremely annoying.
Really? Wouldn't you contend that anyone who acts derisively each time someone asks a question is, in fact, immature?
at this page http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/pos ... 17&p=78577

anyway.

Neo0, you scene is empty. the intention is good, but it needs to be filled. if it is an observation room, then there should be peeps to observe something. the subjetc to observe is here, it s ok, but this man will get bored alone.
what if he had observation tools, and maybe there should be a stage, or maybe it could be an amphitehater. Shape is relief, and your scene is flat. Shapes will make your render more interesting than i simple gridded plan.
make us dream with an impressive point of view we humans couldn t have, instead of a simple human view showing a 1m90 lonely dude;

good luck.

here is a 5Minute model and render to show you an idea of my interpretation it s a bit literal but it s just the point of departure. don t do the same, but try do get inspired.
Attachments
EXAMPL.jpg
EXAMPL.jpg (369.36 KiB) Viewed 1536 times

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 am

I realize that it's empty and that's the biggest thing that's bugging me about it. It's far from perfect. :)

I think I'll put some control panels in it.. Maybe even a big holo display off to the right or something..
Indigo 100

I think you need to decide what the room is for?. If it's an observation room on a spaceship/platform then it's a effing huge one for humans
Well, yeah, to reiterate, it's basically a place where people would be able to go an observe space outside through giant windows. It was inspired by this animated movie called Titan AE..

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:02 am

neo0. wrote:
Well, yeah, to reiterate, it's basically a place where people would be able to go an observe space outside through giant windows. It was inspired by this animated movie called Titan AE..
well then to reiterate as well I think it's too effing big for just an observation room :)

Maybe a smaller room but move the human closer to the window and use a different camera angle?
Doug

Doug Armand

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:58 am

djegoo is right I think. I was thinking also at a public place fashion, but more one of a rural atmosphere recreated, one roundabout with plants or stuff, banks around etc. Because, apart observing, people do meet ya know ?

A perfect meeting point, lacking all commodities :)
obsolete asset

20 posts