Beginner interior

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
CTZn

Re: Beginner interior

Post by CTZn » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:51 am

Very nice progress, changing the point of view was cool already but now it's taking a good shape.

Don't you think that a secondary light source could be used in the back of the room ? An opening or some bulbs perhaps...

+1 for the plant !
obsolete asset

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 am

update- im still working on the plant.
Attachments
interior with table5.jpg
interior with table5.jpg (244.1 KiB) Viewed 2307 times

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:12 am

Another update
Attachments
interior2.jpg
interior2.jpg (222.85 KiB) Viewed 2289 times

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:30 am

Personnally I think you started overusing the metal material in your scene. As a base for the chairs and that table it was fine but now you also used it for the "Suzanne" podium and your vase in the back. It's a tad repetitive. (is it al.nk?) not to forge the window frame (I would bring that exponent value back down, it looks odd to see the painting on the window frame so clearly).

Also you might want to think about using an env map as your exterior light source, plain white doesnt look very nice (on a small window it wouldn't have been so bad but you made yours huge and so it shows a lot more) you can find a lot of links to env map websites (and how to use them) on the forums just search for it.

Also I would add some detail to the "Suzanne Podium" since we can clearly see the facets at the base of it. And also, is it me or the side face of your carpet just looks weird? Maybe a UV map issue?

Also you might think about adding some sort of moulding to hide the wall-floor junction. Oh and fill that plate with something will ya, it's asking for it ;)
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:19 pm

How about this?
Attachments
interior_pic3.jpg
interior_pic3.jpg (240.35 KiB) Viewed 2273 times

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Better but spheres tend to roll around and not stay in place. I was thinking fruits/flowers/candy/cactus?

The podium still kinda bugs me, or maybe its the lack of spp that's doing it I don't know... Anyway good job on the vase that new material actually adds a little more color to the scene and thats good. The addition of the env map was good but can't really see what it is it's kinda washed out, maybe grab another one?

I have a feeling that your scene may actually look better with a nighttime env map and that lamp of yours as a main light source. Or maybe I just like night scenes :lol: Just throwing ideas out there for you to toy with.

Is there an actual window mesh? By that I mean did you shove a glass pane in there? So far I've never been able to notice the edge of it (caused by the change in IOR from air --> glass)

A few other suggestions maybe move the table slightly further away from the couch and the lamp more above it see how that turns out, and maybe add a bookshelf to the right side of the painting? Make it look like the rooms actually continues beyond the confines of the render?

Oh and is it just me or these things in the vase look like they're just floating there not touching the sides of it? :?

WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 pm

If I could provide a single tip that I think is going to help you more than anything with your indigo journey it is this: Indigo is a photo realistic renderer so therefore your models must also be photo realistic or else your renders will always look wrong.

Photo realistic modeling means:
  • Models must be correct scale
  • Materials must be realistic
  • Texture mapping must be 'transparent' i.e. the fact that a model is texture mapped should be undetectable
  • The real world is not perfect so neither should your models be (use texturing to dirty things up, scratches, oxidation, dirt, etc)
That said there is nothing wrong with purposely breaking with reality as long as the illusion of reality is successfully created first. If you do not do this then your renders will always look like renders and people will know.

Good luck and welcome to the indigo family :)
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 am

ok thanks, heres is a new render
Attachments
interior4.jpg
interior4.jpg (149.74 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:38 am

I liked the previous one better, you got rid of the orange vase material :( and the moulding is just a rectangle?

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:14 pm

ok here i added a few stuff, im still working on the bar.
Attachments
interior with bar.jpg
interior with bar.jpg (187.6 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:56 pm

heres a better pic
Attachments
interior with bar2.jpg
interior with bar2.jpg (154.97 KiB) Viewed 2192 times

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Nice bar stools :) Might eb the lack of SPP but they look like they're floating. Might wanna change the angle a bit so we can see the other part of the room a little better

your uv mapping looks crooked on the bar itself (green part) or is it me?

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:28 am

ok, i have worked a lot on the scene, but ow i have a new prob;em, when i try to render, it says that i have to lower the resolution of my render, how do i do this?

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:40 am

in the blendigo panel....lower width/height

3D Geek

Post by 3D Geek » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:16 am

ok thanks, that was kind of a noob question :oops: , heres a new render.
Attachments
interior with bar3.jpg
interior with bar3.jpg (344.75 KiB) Viewed 2145 times

39 posts