simple pool table scene

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
Borgleader

Re: simple pool table scene

Post by Borgleader » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Whaat wrote:
AK1407 wrote:Hey whaat, im not sure how to upload the material to the database, can you instruct me please?
Maybe someone familiar with Blendigo can assist. Is there an option to save IGM/PIGM or export IGM/PIGM? If not, just post the texture and the material XML (from the IGS file) and I will gladly upload the material for you. :)
I've never used it but there is a "Save" button in the materials tab, i guess thats what it does? Or you could export the scene with "Sep. Mats" turned on.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

Doug Armand
Indigo 100

Post by Doug Armand » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:35 pm

AK1407 wrote:As for the scene, I tried implementing DOF, but it seems I was limited to a smallest selection value of 1.4 for FStop, which left me with not much of a difference from the original image, and when I use a higher value, there's no DOF effect at all.
As WytRaven says it's probably because of how 'big' your scene is. You can use WytRaven's suggestion of changing the 'Worldscale' option, which is in the Environment tab of Blendigo, or do what I do - hover your mouse anywhere in a Blender window and type A and then S to rescale everything down till its the right size :wink:

Like a real world camera the larger/higher value apertures, ie 22,32,etc, give more DoF so if you after nice OOF, Out Of Focus, bits then use smaller/lower values. 8)

In my opinion Indigo has some of the nicest OOF I've seen in a renderer - very photorealistic
Doug

Doug Armand

AK1407

Post by AK1407 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks WytRaven, that makes sense, will check that out. As for the material, I am blocked from posting an xml file, and when I click on save in the blendigo script, I am prompted to select an igm file, and Im not sure what that means, or how to generate the required pigm file that I can then upload

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:36 am

Save the igm, open up indigo, go to tools and choose "Pack indigo material".
You will then be asked for an input igm and the location/name for the output pigm.
There you go :)

AK1407

Post by AK1407 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:03 am

Ok, sorry but Im still struggling to do the material thing even after all the help, still cant save an igm file, and having xml problems, sorry about that, so here's the two jpegs I used, one as an albedo map (pooltablecloth.jpg) and the other as a bump map (pooltablecloth bump 1,jpg) which I made in photoshop. So anyone who want to make the material can now do so, just map the UV's onto your surface, and you know the rest.
Attachments
pooltablecloth bump 1.jpg
pooltablecloth bump 1.jpg (266.29 KiB) Viewed 2681 times
pooltablecloth.JPG
pooltablecloth.JPG (68.05 KiB) Viewed 2681 times

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 am

I'll do it if you tell me the your bump mapping strength (b value)

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:35 am

AK1407 wrote:Ok, sorry but Im still struggling to do the material thing even after all the help, still cant save an igm file, and having xml problems, sorry about that, so here's the two jpegs I used, one as an albedo map (pooltablecloth.jpg) and the other as a bump map (pooltablecloth bump 1,jpg) which I made in photoshop. So anyone who want to make the material can now do so, just map the UV's onto your surface, and you know the rest.
You could also post a screenshot of the Blendigo settings

AK1407

Post by AK1407 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:14 am

Here is the screenshot for the table cloth texture settings in blendigo
Attachments
blendigo settings for the pooltablecloth mat.JPG
blendigo settings for the pooltablecloth mat.JPG (95.6 KiB) Viewed 2646 times

23 posts