Paper craft: bird in flight

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
beyer

Paper craft: bird in flight

Post by beyer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:00 pm

I wanted to give the impression someone had loving created a paper craft scene showing a bird in flight. No particular reason, I just felt like turning one of my day dreams into a more concrete form.

The flowers are held in place with pins, and the birds are attached to a piece of wire. Everything is constructed from paper except the ground, which is made from plasticine.

The problems I can see are that there is something lacking in my paper material, some of the flowers have stem issues, and it the scene has no real point at the moment. Perhaps this is more a test scene, but I plan to do something with it so I'll call it a WIP!

Stur

Re: Paper craft: bird in flight

Post by Stur » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Hi !

It's lovely ;)

My two cents, for a more realistic aspect :
- I'd pin the birds with nylon wires coming from top instead of an iron wire
- The ground is too perfect. If someone makes a scene with paper, that means he hasn't stuff to do such a perfect plastic ground. So I'd do a crumpled paper ground.

beyer

Post by beyer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:04 am

Thanks for the feedback Stur. I like your idea for a crumpled paper ground, so here's a test. I would have made it more of a carpet but I am running low on ram. I think I'll try some different colours for the paper balls, green didn't really work that well.

Anyway it's still lacking something, but I'll keep fiddling with it :)
Attachments
im1244209303.png
im1244209303.png (809.34 KiB) Viewed 1969 times

Stur

Post by Stur » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:16 am

Lol ! That is not what was in my mind when I wrote "crumpled paper", but that's very good ! :lol: I was thinking of the whole floor that would look like a crumpled sheet modeled by hand to look like a ground.

But your interpretation of my probably bad english is very good :lol: Maybe now you could try to desaturate a little, your green paper is too flashy IMHO.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1