Red sofa

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Red sofa

Post by Pibuz » Mon May 04, 2009 7:44 pm

It's all been inspired after having downloaded a model from the warehouse. :wink:
Same workflow as always: downloaded the model, fixed some faces issues, assigned textures, set the SkIndigo materials, added some objects around to make an environment, clicked render.
Not too much work, kind of a couple hours for the settings and one night for rendering.

Little postpro as always.

Comments and suggestions guys!
Attachments
red sofa.jpg
red sofa.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 15392 times

SmartDen
Developer

Re: Red sofa

Post by SmartDen » Mon May 04, 2009 9:03 pm

nice render and great materials! now did you made chromatic oberration, postpro?
Check normals, dude!

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Mon May 04, 2009 9:27 pm

I have to say, that I'm not a fan of this whole chromatic aberration effect.
For me it is something you can easily over-use. I get why people use it though, It should give an image this "more real look", but if added too much, it becomes to distract the viewer. That's also with the current image. ca is killing it for me. It is too strong. I'd remove at least 70% of it, so that it is barely visible. CA happens cause the lens is not focusing all colors. So it means low quality lens. Why to use low quality lens in virtual world? :wink:

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Mon May 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Yeah Suv: that actually IS too much. Being a WIP I tried to exaggerate a little, to feel your comments obviously :wink:
Jokes apart, it's been just a try: when my scene will evolve, there will be more objects and details so such a load of CA won't be necessary.
I think that a small amount of that effect somehow "completes" a well-done scene: in my opinion it helps raising the overall feeling of the image, that's it.

I promise I'll try and keep this effect low-profile in my final render ok? :wink:

Hi Smart! Chromatic aberration done in Photoshop CS3

suvakas
3rd Place Winner

Post by suvakas » Mon May 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Pibuz wrote: I think that a small amount of that effect somehow "completes" a well-done scene: in my opinion it helps raising the overall feeling of the image, that's it.
Yes, I agree, but there's a very thin line between good amount and "overdose". Adding it too much makes it to look the opposite - too CG. Cause well, it is very popular effect in our days. (as lens flare was 5 years ago :) )

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Tue May 05, 2009 12:16 am

The entire scene is quite nice. I've a personnal affection for the "poster" on the wall. One minor thing though, the "feet" of the sofa look quite small and dont look like they would support the structure well.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

neepneep
Indigo 100

Post by neepneep » Tue May 05, 2009 12:29 am

eerrk!!! Can you imagine the scratches that those feet are gonna do to that floor!! :shock:

7 posts • Page 1 of 1