architecture design help needed

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
ned

architecture design help needed

Post by ned » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:49 pm

hello :), well this is a 2 min design i thought of cause soon need to give in a design for a beach house and to impress the teacher lol.. suck up, wanna make a good render but i cant seem to help think that it looks very unrealistic and i would be very greatfull if you could help :), thank you
Attachments
im1238220696.png
im1238220696.png (740.22 KiB) Viewed 1722 times

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Okay, a few points ned:

- the door and windows frames need more work. Also I think it would be preferable to regularize the fence blades, the compression on the right side is not wanted I suppose...

- try another lighting scheme (skylight I mean). This environment is generating a dull ambient light, hard shadows may bring more character to this scene. And enlarge the ground, though I've seen comics, then movies with flying houses (talking about realism ;)). To help with this you can also put more of these trees you have around the house, just to give a better feeling of a real place. When you'll have the feeling that the environment is as much important as the house itself you will see better what to do.

Oh, and don't forget to look outside to catch details around real places (!); make a game of this, take a pen and paper (ah sorry, digital camera era I forgot) and capture a bit of the reality outside to augment your scene.

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by fused » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:16 pm

use textures instead of plain colors!

dmn
3rd Place Winner

Post by dmn » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 pm

I'm with ctzn on continuing the surroundings, ground plane included.

If you want that dusky looking light, you should probably have a visible or even lit interior. Not necessarily detailed but enough so you see the volume. Architect teachers like that.

In the same spirit I'd say pan right so you are aligned with the side of the yard and rotate the camera give a more 3d view of the house.

You need to think about the alignment of your door and window headers and the trim of each (more consistency) The door looks short.

The whole front face seems kind of flat. Maybe you could pull back the garage/ garage roof a couple feet. I think I'd drop the pooch canopy and pull the front door back into an alcove and leave the butterfly roof where it is so there is an overhang.
Does the picket fence work with this style of house? I'd leave it off..

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Is your building transparent? If so, your windows should be showing you the inside of the house. The shouldn't be all dark.

Just add more detail to the whole building too. The garage door shouldn't be flat and the door needs a knob too.

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:37 am

Textures i say, you wont belive what a good texture can do ;)

6 posts • Page 1 of 1