Bullets

Get feedback from others on your works in progress
WytRaven
Indigo 100

Post by WytRaven » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:23 pm

ne0....you my friend are now bordering on idocy. It is not indigo's job to prepare a render for submission online. It is it's job to create the highest possible quality image output of your 3d scene.

You have got to be the single laziest person I have ever come across. It takes about 10 seconds to open up a png in an image editor/viewer, resize, and save out in a lossy compression format.

All of a sudden a 1 to 4MB image becomes a 30 to 100 KB image and the people you are inflicting your "creativity" on are happy (relatively speaking).

Please engage your brain BEFORE your next post whatever it may be :shock:

"Yes' I'm having a bad day and "yes" I am taking it out on you. Deal with it. :x
:idea: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds..." - Emerson 1841

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 pm

Well I was going to post about this but...I'm not having such a bad day :lol: Besides anytime I do engage into argument it always ends up going on and on and on without end and never seems to yield result.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Uh. Well, im not gonna take any of that personally then..

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Still, some belongs to you neo0 (lllol wyt).

You may want to know that technology substracts from you everything you expect from it, maybe it's the same with people. Thermodynamic rocks !

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:04 am

+1 Wyt and +1 Borg... endless, I tell you!

neepneep
Indigo 100

Post by neepneep » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 am

Whats up with the AA batteries? Are they rechargeable?

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:13 am

neepneep wrote:Whats up with the AA batteries? Are they rechargeable?
Its a subliminal message...

pixie
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by pixie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 am

neo0. wrote:
Cause that's photoshop's job.
So should we go ahead and drop other things that save people time (image resolution maybe), because "thats photoshop's job" too?
There already tools that save people time,why keeping reinventing the wheel? Do you ask Adobe to make an unbiased render engine so that it can eventually save you time?
neo0. wrote:
PNG = Uncompressed format which is awesome for high quality stuff.
also png supports transparency which...jpeg does not
Well.. eventually the PNG is have to get converted to a jpeg, otherwise, people are going to complain about how much CO2 in it... :wink: If high quality work really neccesitates PNGs and intitially rendering to a jpeg causes some sort of degradation in quality.. Add an option to convert to jpeg, as the final step when you close indigo!
Indigo gives you EXR, PNG and IGI, a 32 bit, an 8bit and native implementation, do you really think it's Indigo's job to support all the formats around there? Think again... there's tools for it, tools that sooner or later you're going to use no mater what... it might be done in the future, but surely it is nowhere near the most needed features of Indigo.

neo0.

Post by neo0. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:50 am

There already tools that save people time,why keeping reinventing the wheel? Do you ask Adobe to make an unbiased render engine so that it can eventually save you time?
lol that's not what reinventing the wheel even means bro. Adding jpeg output support to a rendering engine is hardly the same as turning a photo manipulation app into said renderer. :?
ndigo gives you EXR, PNG and IGI, a 32 bit, an 8bit and native implementation, do you really think it's Indigo's job to support all the formats around there? Think again... there's tools for it, tools that sooner or later you're going to use no mater what... it might be done in the future, but surely it is nowhere near the most needed features of Indigo.
Adding jpeg support isn't exactly "all the formats out there." JPEG has become the standard for image sharing. Art is a highly communal, so sharing your renders is a big thing (duh.)
Last edited by neo0. on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PureSpider

Post by PureSpider » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 am

neo0. wrote:JPEG has become the standard for image sharing.
Mhm... better look up what formats are used when on wiki dude (duh.)

Borgleader

Post by Borgleader » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 am

neo0. wrote:lol that's not what reinventing the wheel even means bro. Adding jpeg output support to a rendering engine is hardly the same as turning a photo manipulation app into said renderer. :?
nope its the same as asking a renderer to become a photo manipulation app. :lol:

Not but seriously all im saying is youre often asking for new features that are not insignificant but close to. They are things that "could" one day be implemented because it might save you a few seconds (or minutes) but in the end compared to other things we could get in there they arent very useful.

and yeah thats what re-inventing the wheel means.
benn hired a mercenary to kill my sig...

26 posts